You rode today? Where?

I headed east today made an easy 40 miles out and 40 miles back short sleeve weather again low wind and sunny as all get out. :bike: 82f / 27.7c

I think we are going to have to ban you from this thread. :eek: Even here in South Carolina, I'm envious! :banghead:

But, on the other hand, you do show us what we can look forward to! :thumbsup:

Hey Carbon---I hope your son lives in Maine. tim

Hey Carbon---I hope you have a good ride and enjoy your time with you son. I am jealous though. tim

Thanks Tim, I had a great day Yesterday. Went to see the Son and his Family.
Gave rides to most everyone there.
Got in late so I didn't post then. I hit rain on the ride home but I was ready for that so not to bad. put over 300 miles in :thumbsup:

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 154
Rained today and I am having a whole in my tank welded. MY home made coil braket wore a small whole in the under side of the tank. I will ride Wednesday.

Yes...55F today. Kinda unexpected, but welcome none the less. Fired up the '81/H and ran a few errands. I have a luggage box on the rear rack so I can pick up stuff, like Vino, beer, cat food and dog food, Vino, beer...:laugh:

Took a short ride to the next small town. Went to a great restaurant there. Rode back.

Great day except for my new membership in a gym. Hired a young lady trainer to guide me from a state of no condition at least back a couple of decades to some condition. Tried a plank. Lasted a minute. :thumbsup: Asked her how long she could do a plank. Five minutes. :doh: Put the paper bag back over my head and went home. :banghead:

A friend of mine (who introduced me to the XS650 BTW) has many of those same parts. I've been waiting for him to get them together and make a roller or get it running for years.

So.....many.....projects.....
Working on this corner of the shop, means handling lotsa goodies.....

Pic 3 future turbo V4 project :D

Pic 4 ....don't know the story, but I bet the broken one made quite the ruckus when it came loose :)

Pic 5 ......XS big bore stroker kit. he he, lol:laugh:

Attachments

• S4023686.jpg
    S4023686.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCF1081.jpg
    DSCF1081.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF1082.jpg
    DSCF1082.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCF1084.jpg
    DSCF1084.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF1085.jpg
    DSCF1085.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 176
Well, I had a ride yesterday, Saturday, for about 60 miles out and 60 miles back. Left early in the morning. Weather was as forecast, but always the optimist, I thought it would be warmer. Wrong. :doh: It was just above freezing when we left. :eek: My fingers suffered the most. I would reach down and put them on the warm cylinders. That helped.

Got to destination. A 50's style restaurant . Great traditional breakfast. It was a lot warmer on the ride back. Great day, overall. Bike ran perfectly. :bike: Must be why we do this. Ride. Enjoy. Life is simple.

Back