Trade - 1973 tx650

OakBehringer

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
As winter rolls around I'm considering trading my '73 for either a later model 650 (for various reasons) or an SR500. As it's cold in Chicago and I'm in the thick of a CB160 project, I'm in no rush, just putting this out there for consideration. Let me know if you're interested or have any questions. I'll also sell it cash if you make me a decent offer.

- PAMCO
- Green Monster coil
- Started delete, done proper w/mikexs blockoff, internal gears gone except for the one you need to split the case to remove. I still have all the gears.
- Cam chain guide and tensioner replaced/new
- Valve seats lapped
- Linked BS38's from a '76 installed
- Bates style throttle, new cable
- JBM Carb holders/boots
- UNI Filters, have stock boxes and good filters
- All gauges removed, proper block-offs installed
- New clutch discs and plates
- New clutch needle bearing
- Newish sealed battery
- New, reinforced sump filter
- Shorty glasspack muffler on the 2-1, not beautiful, but sounds awesome

Yada yada yada. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. The bike has loads of compression. Charging system works fine. If you offer me a trade, it has to be running well, I'm just finishing a second CB160 full motor teardown/rebuild and I'm not interested in motor work for a while.

Thanks,
Adam

IMG_3695.jpg

Last edited:
As winter rolls around I'm considering trading my '73 for either a later model 650 (for various reasons) or an SR500. As it's cold in Chicago and I'm in the thick of a CB160 project, I'm in no rush, just putting this out there for consideration. Let me know if you're interested or have any questions. I'll also sell it cash if you make me a decent offer.

- PAMCO
- Green Monster coil
- Started delete, done proper w/mikexs blockoff, internal gears gone except for the one you need to split the case to remove. I still have all the gears.
- Cam chain guide and tensioner replaced/new
- Valve seats lapped
- Linked BS38's from a '76 installed
- Bates style throttle, new cable
- JBM Carb holders/boots
- UNI Filters, have stock boxes and good filters
- All gauges removed, proper block-offs installed
- New clutch discs and plates
- New clutch needle bearing
- Newish sealed battery
- New, reinforced sump filter
- Shorty glasspack muffler on the 2-1, not beautiful, but sounds awesome

Yada yada yada. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. The bike has loads of compression. Charging system works fine. If you offer me a trade, it has to be running well, I'm just finishing a second CB160 full motor teardown/rebuild and I'm not interested in motor work for a while.

Thanks,
Adam

IMG_3695.jpg

HI! Adam! Have you still got the stock parts that you took off "exhaust-headlight etc ". REGARDS TIM

That is the stock headers, I just cut off the old muffler and welded a new one onto the collector when it reached the end of it's life. Headlight was on the bike when I bought it. I really don't like to hoard parts.

Thanks CDNTX650.

Based on the patina on the tank, sidecovers, I'd say that this was custom painted right out of the gate. It's a sweet lookin bike. I just want to get to choppin, and based on what I want to end up with, it will be less of a headache to start with a special. I get lots of nods of respect from the old timers (read: not old suburban dudes with chromleys, real riders) when I'm on it. I'm waiting for the day that someone's like "hey, that used to be my bike" - obviously, they'd know.

i don't think i would chop that thing either. to cool. I want my new to me 75 to have that kinda look to it, just strutted like a 60's trumpy.

HI! Adam! Have you still got the stock parts that you took off "exhaust-headlight etc ". REGARDS TIM

HI! again! you said you might sell for the right price, I've got nothing to swap so help me out what sort of dollars would make you look seriously Interested?????
I'm in Australia but I have an adress in Los'Angeles, REGARDS TIM.:bike:

HI! again! you said you might sell for the right price, I've got nothing to swap so help me out what sort of dollars would make you look seriously Interested?????
I'm in Australia but I have an adress in Los'Angeles, REGARDS TIM.:bike:

Australia? California? I'll PM you.

Hey Adam, pleasure hearing your voice earlier. I was on the phone with Brandon. Hoping we get this bike real soon! Cheers mate.

-Lawrence

Back