For Sale - 1975 XS Street Tracker

rwingsfan

Xs 650 Dummy
Reaction score
1975 XS Street Tracker price lowered $1600

With a heavy heart I am offering up my 1975 Street tracker. It's a 75 with clear Iowa title. Has a 1979 motor which runs awesome
Omar's glass all around
Omar's half mile pipes
Redwing shocks w/ 90-110 progressive springs
Omar's slider bars
Oldskool rebuilt carbs
Pamco Ignition w/green monster coil
Complete Permanent magnet alternator w/Mr. Riggs adapter
77 up front end 35mm w/gordonscott brace
Very new tires

some other misc parts
Must be picked up in Des Moines

Paint not perfect by any means, runs super, carbs are dialed in good. It is a fine every day rider.

Do not have to sell this, but kind of wanting some thing else. I am going to offer this up one time at $1600 call me if interested 515-418-6060

100_0825.jpg

100_0828.jpg

100_0826.jpg

100_0827.jpg

100_0829.jpg

Last edited:
Have not had even one inquiry. Guess its must be overpriced :doh: Oh well its a blast to ride so guess I'll keep riding it!! :bike:

Hi, As a point of curiosity I would be interested in what you ended up with on the jetting
and settings on the Oldskoolcarbs rebuild of your BS 38's. I notice you have pods, PAMCO, green monster coils, Are those the 1 1/2" Omars pipes? etc.? ie. what did you go through to end up dialing those freshly rebuilt carbs in and how did it go.

Best of luck, Blue

Last edited:
Blue,
I am one size up on both the main and the pilot. Air mix screws are at 2.5 turns. Runs perfect. Remeber these are 76-77 carbs so they were #125 mains and 27.5 pilots. Exhaust is Omars half mile. These are 1 3/4 pipes so I also have exhaust port optomizers and it runs out great. Still have not had one inquiry, wierd huh?

Hi, As a point of curiosity I would be interested in what you ended up with on the jetting
and settings on the Oldskoolcarbs rebuild of you BS 38's. I notice you have pods, PAMCO, green monster coils, What's the exhaust etc. Best of luck, Blue

That's surprisingly little increase considering both the pods & exhaust... that coil must really be kickin ass. There's a lot of value in the mod's you've added and that you still have this bike at that price is a wonder to me as well. Wish we were closer and I wasn't 72....I'm Jonesin for a spin as it is. Thanks for the info. T BTW those type I BS 38's with the external float bowl overflows and vents ie 76 & 77 (584's) are my favorites for a lot of reasons. Especially after Rick gets done with them.

Great bike... enjoy like crazy while you can! Some tracker fan that can add will be on it like a goose on a June Bug! Best. Blue

And an extra running motor? BTW...with the Permanent Magnet set up generator set-up, I'm assuming that you've gone kick start only, small battery? Headlight? Street legal?

A couple more PITA questions on my part and you'll have to count all this as an inquiry!

Blue

Last edited:
Yes 100% street legal with working head, tail and brake lights. Properly titled and registered with no funny business. It does not have turn signals or a horn as they are not required here.

If you don't mind explain here or pm me about the ignition and charging system changes. Where are you located at in Iowa? Not trying to be a pest as I am interested.

Heh Blue you know I always enjoy chatting at ya. I too was suprised that one up took care of it, but the plug burn looks pretty good so I am leaving it alone! I think a lot has to do with the exhaust port optomizers. I was really worried about the 1 3/4 pipes but the EPO's seem to have alleviated any worry. I too have become a fan of the 584 carbs, no overflow to the bottom end :wtf: and Rick did a fantastic job on these. I am riding it between the raindrops here and will enjoy the heck out it. I think I'll chalk you up as the first inquiry :thumbsup:

That's surprisingly little increase considering both the pods & exhaust... that coil must really be kickin ass. There's a lot of value in the mod's you've added and that you still have this bike at that price is a wonder to me as well. Wish we were closer and I wasn't 72....I'm Jonesin for a spin as it is. Thanks for the info. T BTW that type with the external float bowl overflows and vents ie 76 & 77 (584) are my favorites for a lot of reasons. Especially after Rick gets done with them.

Great bike... enjoy like crazy while you can! Some tracker fan that can add will be on that like a goose on a June Bug! Best. Blue

And an extra running motor? BTW...with the Permanent Magnet set up generator set-up, I'm assuming that you've gone kick start only, small battery? Headlight? Street legal?

A couple more PITA questions on my part and you'll have to count all this as an inquiry!

Blue

Not a problem, you are not being a pest. The ignition is a Pamco which of course is a electronic ignition called a "hall effect" it comes with a seriously hot coil in the green monster. These have proven to be much easy to me than points, although I have had little problems with points other than adjusting that dang left side :banghead: The charging system has been converted to a permanent magnet alternator. A quick search around this forum will bring a wealth of knowledge about this mod. This had a Honda VF 500 stator and regulator along with a Mr. Riggs adapter. If you are interested you can call me most anytime. I'll pm you my number Thanks

Rwings, did you build this, or buy it built? Does that tank have the coating Omars talks about on his site, for ethanol fuel? Was the crank end or case's modded for the different charging system?

I built it :D The tank has been coated with this product http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/epoxygas.htm as per Omars instructions. BTW I never use ethanol fuel in any motorcycle, but did coat the tank just to be on the safe side. There is no modification of the crank or case needed for the pma conversion. It could be put back to stock charging very esily, but not sure why anyone would want to do that :doh: :thumbsup:

Rwings, did you build this, or buy it built? Does that tank have the coating Omars talks about on his site, for ethanol fuel? Was the crank end or case's modded for the different charging system?

rwings, I know the carb's are constant velocity, but please explain what you mean by oldschool as far as the carb's go?

Still have e-start or kick only? Are the wheels/spokes painted or powder coated? Any video of it running, to get a idea of how loud the pipes are?

Oldskoolcarbs is the name of the rebuilding service business that rebuilt the BS 38 carburetors for rwingsfan. They are listed in the shops section of this site.

A top notch rebuilder btw....as are all the builders upgrade modification choices on this tracker: from PAMCO petes electronic ignition to Omars glass to Gordon Scotts custom fork brace and the Redwings. :twocents: Blue

Last edited:
What Blue said on the carbs. It is kick start only. Wheels have been painted. I suppose I could take a video but kind of hard to really tell how loud it is from that. I can tell you that the pipes are not real loud, but rather a deep sound. I saw your other thread and understand you want to either build or buy. Honestly you might be better off building your own, that way you get it how you want

rwings, I know the carb's are constant velocity, but please explain what you mean by oldschool as far as the carb's go?

Still have e-start or kick only? Are the wheels/spokes painted or powder coated? Any video of it running, to get a idea of how loud the pipes are?

rwing, I like yours, and I'm lazy at my age. I'm not giving you the run a round with these ?'s, just want all the info I can get. We are around 5-6 hours apart so I can't just drop by to look it over. I've been through the buy a cheap beater and put a lot of money into it to get it where you want, then sell it at a loss later. Now if you are not selling I understand.

Last edited:
Back