For Sale - 1975 XS650B: Stock, original, good shape

Vintageracer

XS650 Member
Reaction score
1975 Yamaha XS650B: Stock, original, good, well preserved condition.

I realize that I am brand new to the site and have ZERO credibility, but if anyone has any questions, please check AHRMA17L on eBay. I am an avid collector and have sold over 205 motorcycles out of my collection in the last 10 years (almost 13 years on eBay). You can also check AHRMA17L on Thumpertalk.

Anyway, I bought this as one of three bikes from the same owner for a street tracker project. This one is too well preseved and original to part out. Previous owner (second owner owned the bike since 1983 (have title to prove). The bike has 15,800 miles on it.

The bike has always been stored inside. No sunfading or rust aside from a little on a couple of the acorn nuts. The starts right up and runs pretty well--the carbs were cleaned by a local shop in April.

The tank is a replacement from Mikes XS. I have the original tank in good shape (no dents, etc.), however there was some rust in the inside and the previous owner tried to "Kreem" the tank and it didn't work out. It comes with the bike.

It looks like the bike fell over in the garage on the left side--there is dent in the speedometer case, the face is a little boogered up and there are some scratches on the pipe.

$1,650/offer. I can ship via Forward Air for $420 (www.forwardair.com). I have shipped over 200 bikes via Forward Air. If you are unfammiliar with the service, give me a shout and I can tell you how its done.

I am sure I have left out numerous details, so PM me, send an e-mail to Vintageracer@aol.com or call Jon at (503) 791-9823. I live in Oregon.

001.jpg

012.jpg

002.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

007.jpg

All photobucket pictures:

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/ahrma17l/XS650/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ12

That's a heck of a first post. Welcome to the site. Your bike seems to be in good shape and that's a fair asking price. Good luck with your sale.

If you ever run across a RD350 in similar shape give me a shout! (shameless plug)

I have had a lot of questions about the stock tank. Here are some photos. I tried to show the inside and the "Kreem" job gone bad. Why anyone would use this to "clean up" the inside of a tank, I'll never know. It is kind of like using Slime to keep air in tubes...

Anyway, here's the tank:

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

PENDING SALE: Deposit taken.

I'll update status when bike is either sold or transaction falls through.

Back