For Sale - 1980 XS650 hard-tail project bike in San Diego

MolonLabe1977

XS650 Member
Reaction score
BIKE IS SOLD!!!!

The time has come to part with my long-term project in Bad-Assery due to some family issues. I am looking to sell my 1980 Yamaha XS650 hard-tail project. This is a project bike that will need some work to assemble into a hard-tailed, bad-ass, street-ripping machine. But, just about everything you need is here:

-A running (when taken apart) 1980 XS650 motor. The motor hasn’t been opened up, so it’s up to you if you want to do a refresh or not. I was originally planning on boring it out to a 750cc with a Hugh’s Handbuilt 270 degree rephased crank/cam. It includes a new gasket set in case you tear into it.
-A set of Mikuni VM34 carbs. They will need rebuilt, but they are already cleaned up for you. Just add jetting for whatever mods you end up doing and new gaskets.
-An original matching #’s to the engine frame (front half) with a new TC Bros rear hard-tail section. They are not welded together just yet. I was planning on sending everything to Monster Craftsman for their rotisserie jig welding service. It’s only $150 and they guarantee it to be good to go!
-A set of original, straight, XS650 mag wheels. They come with ok tires mounted plus another set as backups. They are a few years old though. I was keeping them for burnouts!!!
-A new TC Bros 2.5 gallon Frisco gas tank.
-TC Bros 7/8” Lanesplitter handle bars in black
-TC Bros air-ride seat kit with ribbed LowBrow Customs seat
-Hugh’s Handbuilt (HHB) black front master cylinder/brake perch & matching clutch perch.
-A headlight fairing and TC Bros 5.75” black headlight and headlight mount for the XS650 frame.
-TC Bros kickback sissy bar with a license plate/brake light mount
-TC Bros black 33/34 Ford rear brake light with a “No School Choppers” Storm Trooper lens
-TC Bros 6” flat rear fender
-Progressive front fork springs with seals for rebuilding the front forks
-A custom wiring harness (labled) w/ diagram for a slimmed down look. This was made by a member on the XS650 forums.
-TC Bros weld-on kick stand. Much more slim lined that the original Yamaha one.
-A brass kicker pedal (BMX style) for some attitude.
-A set of HHB solid riser bushings. Get rid of that mushy feeling in the bars!
-HHB “Plain Jane” neck brace kit to get rid of the crappy looking stock neck braces.
-Monster Craftsman mid control pegs & mounts. Bolt to the stock XS650 exhaust brackets (included).
-HHB rear brake stay/pivot and rear master cylinder.
-A whole lot of NIP TC Bros bungs, weld tabs, and fab parts.
-PLUS….. a whole crapload of original stock take-offs (wiring harness-complete, controls, rims, etc)

Not looking to separate anything right now.

So, there you go. That is about as close as you’re going to get to a complete bike you can build your way. Everything besides the motor, carbs, front half frame, and wheels are new. The only things you will still need is an exhaust system of your choice, some misc lines (brake, fuel, etc), and a gas cap! I’m located in East San Diego County and would love to sell this locally because shipping would be a PAIN!! But, if you’re paying, I’ll ship wherever… Asking $2000 OBO. Heck, just the parts alone add up to more than that! If you meet/come close to my asking price, I’ll sign over my XS related personalized CA license plate if you want it. Oh, the clean/clear CA title is in my hands/name and the bike is currently registered as PNO, so there are no back fees. Feel free to ask any questions.

[/URL]"]
[/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• 20151026_111234_zps145o7k3w.jpg
    20151026_111234_zps145o7k3w.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20151026_111351_zpsqjovwqy4.jpg
    20151026_111351_zpsqjovwqy4.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 2