For Sale - 1981 Yamaha XS650 parts & more!

KentMoney

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
These were taken off a great running 1981 Yamaha XS650 Special, so all parts are in good working order unless otherwise indicated below. The rear brake light switch was new and never used.

I accept payment via PayPal. Many good references available.

Shipping from San Jose, CA. Bay Area pick ups are OK.

shipping + paypal fees will apply.

Here is the photo album for the parts available.
http://imgur.com/a/UToZG/all

mg9vV.jpg

2 x exhaust headers + mufflers, ready to bolt up to engine. Original mufflers were removed and shorty mufflers attached with hose clamps. Good fit, no leaks. - $120

1 x charging system stator without TCI pickup coils. all original quick-connections are intact and a lead to neutral switch- $40

1 X pair of charging system brushes, lots of life left. $8

1 x battery box/cradle - a bit rusty, includes some random electronic components that were attached to it - $20

1x rear grab rail. This rail is situated right behind and below the seat - $10

1 x seat. the seat is in pretty good condition with one minor tear. all of the mounting hardware and the locking mechanism underneath are in good condition, perfect for a restoration - $60

1 x complete airbox for carburetors -$30

1 x ignition switch, mounts in front of the handlebars on stock bikes, can be used for a custom project. very heavy duty, better than anything at an auto store. Comes with two keys. - $25

1 x neutral light cluster, minor crack on left side - $10

1 x horn -$20

1 x dipstick, with gasket - $15

1 x tachometer gauge, needle broken - $15

1 x camshaft - excellent condition - $100

1 x xs650 front brake manifold with hoses. can be used for dual or single front disk brakes - $15

1 x 1981 xs650 5th gear drive for transmission, all teeth are great - $10

1 x stock xs650 rear fender + mud flap, with rubber grommets, ready to mount - $25

1 x brand new rear brake light switch, no welding required! - $10

nCbzb.jpg

cWGqa.jpg

6kaBE.jpg

Pn0DK.jpg

gwlx6.jpg

6Bg4y.jpg

WNnG1.jpg

51yHo.jpg

qN2AS.jpg

icM5o.jpg

P1oHx.jpg

qZD1s.jpg

Last edited:
the pictures aren't working and you don't know til you ask, so:

do you have the side covers? i'd be interested if you do

darn photobucket! i will work on getting the pictures back up.

sorry but I sold the side covers a while back.

PM responded too

it is a universal brake switch, so if will take a little bit of creativity to work in the stock location. but nothing is impossible :)

Okay. I'm sure I could make it work, but I'm going to take the easy way out and find the other style. Thanks anyway.

I'm interested in the brake cylinder and the clutch lever, just need to know if they're compatible with a '78 regular. I'm rather new to the xs650 and am unsure what all of the variances there are between the regular and special. Thanks!

Interested in the rotor/stator. What does the rotor ohm out at?
pm sent

Tested today and I am getting a reading of 2 ohms between the rings on the face of the rotor.

How long are the front brake lines? thanks

with both hoses attached to the manifold, it is ~39.5" from banjo bolt to banjo bolt.

is it possible to get a pic of the exhaust?

yes it is, but I am not very interested in shipping those at the moment. if you live in San Jose, shoot me a PM and I will get you those pictures

I'm interested in the brake cylinder and the clutch lever, just need to know if they're compatible with a '78 regular. I'm rather new to the xs650 and am unsure what all of the variances there are between the regular and special. Thanks!

The clutch lever has been sold, the master cylinder is still available however. I believe the master cylinder should work just fine, but I would double check to make sure if you're really interested.

Interested in the rear of the fatbob fender shipped to 49442
will PM

are the shotgun mufflers still available? +shipping to 84501 ut.

again, don't want to ship these at the moment.

Thanks for looking everyone!
Kent

Interested in the throttle and throttle side controls only will you seperate? Also the ignition switch,I didn't see a key is there one?I'm in Vacaville so I would pick up the parts.