5.7 ohms for stator?

I used this one. Plus your wiring for the new reg/rec

Attachments

• xs650_electrical_3.jpg
    xs650_electrical_3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 76
I must be doing something wrong. I've got my meter set to 200 on the AC side. I can't get a reading from any of the wires. Am I supposed to ground to the frame or touch both probes to the wire?

I checked the volts at the brushes and they're good. I also checked at the end of the brown wire at the fuse block and it's good. I checked the ground to the regualtor and it's good. I'm wondering if they sold me a bunk unit? The reg looked used.

Alright she's back up and going!!!! I picked up another regulator and she's charging great now. 13 at idle and 15.something while riding. Thanks for everybody's help.

Inked.....,

Whoa whoa...slow down....15 + something ? Thats not good either. Double check that voltage at 3500 RPM after the battery has recovered from the start. 15 Volts is a max, not to be exceeded.

Alright I checked it out with different throttles. I get 15.14 at high rpms. That's not while riding so not in gear, if that makes a difference. My battery was testing at 12.9 while not hooked up, so I figured 15.14 would be good. What should I check?

Inked....,

That higher voltage on the battery is a sign of some high resistance somewhere, like, the ignition switch. The regulator does not actually regulate the battery voltage, it regulates the voltage on the brown wire, so if there is a voltage drop between the brown wire and the battery, then the battery voltage will be higher by the amount of the drop.

Check the voltage drop from the red wire to the brown wire on the ignition switch with everything turned on.

I rode it 14 miles to work with no problems. The battery didn't get warm and the volts seemed good. I think the 15.14 was higher than 3500 rpm. My guess at 3500 was reading 14.3. I've got my multimeter with me if you can think of anything I should check before my ride home.

Thanks again

Back