'68 BSA Victor Build..... Bloody 'el mate... You 'effin daft or sommat?!?

Was ponderin' last night... pneumatic piston actuator attached to the kick lever with pushrods and such to make it unobtrusive... with a small (propane bottle?) air tank. A 5sq in piston at 20 psi is 100lbs of force.
Bottle at 125...150psi would likely give a dozen or so "kicks."
Hardly macho Jim.

CON Grats on the Brit thumper ..... My buddy had the round barrel model.. he and I used to pound the back roads of Wisconsin ,,, he on his Victim and I on my Jupiter. ( for some odd reason we always wound up at the nudie bar ).... A couple years back my Triton fell over downstairs and hit the concrete sqaure support column... AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaargh Huge HUGE crease in the aluminum tank. I wanted to barf..... but one of the saturday morn'n Star Buck rejects is a old school metal guy. Good as new.... PM me if you want his number. :cool:

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183607125286?hash=item2abfd66526:g:mCsAAOSwLeFcI4uR
:sneaky:I may have some short stroke pneumatic cylinders laying around, probably have a pretty heavy flask for an accumulator as well.

:sneaky:I may have some short stroke pneumatic cylinders laying around, probably have a pretty heavy flask for an accumulator as well.
PM me some pics when you get home... or when you find 'em in that mess garage that rivals my mess garage in the tidy dept. :laugh2:

But but but.... but... it spoke to me... :cautious:
'Sides... I ain't got enough projects.... yet. :rolleyes:
It's a '68 BSA Victor Special (B44) Scrambler.
Came up on Craigslist a little over a week ago. I even put it up here. Figured it'd be gone within a day. Last night it was still listed. Memories of the early 70's... tearin' up the midlands on a Victor... had been gettin' stronger all week... it called to me. Spoke to the guy over the phone... back and forth several times. We struck a deal.
Gassed up the truck this morning and off we go to visit Dorothy and Toto.

Sittin' in Butch's garage. He's 74. Picked it up out of a barn a few yrs ago with the intention of restoring it. A stroke about a year ago ended those dreams.

View attachment 203186

Loaded in the Blue Bomber....

View attachment 203187

... and unloaded by the driveway wood pile.

View attachment 203188

View attachment 203189

View attachment 203190

View attachment 203191

View attachment 203192

Only 3,173 miles on the clock.

View attachment 203193

Original title matches the engine and frame numbers.

View attachment 203194

So... where to begin.... :umm:
Congrats. This is still one of my all time favourite bikes. Never owned one but my buddy did. This summer I was surfing through local ads and found a guy nearby that had restored one, but couldn’t get it to run right. In frustration he put it up for sale. I was the second to contact him but unfortunately the first guy snatched it up. I’m looking forward to seeing the finished product!

You got a service manual this fast? :umm:. That's great 'service '.
It was a download... free at that. I just printed it out 'cause I like reading from a page more than a monitor. Ran out of ink though. One more chapter to go. :rolleyes:
I’m still figuring out details about this bike, do I understand correctly that there were different barrel designs? I’ve heard references to a square barrel. How are the fins on your motor, any bent or broken?
Yeah, some models were plain iron bores and some had chrome bores. Haven't dug deep enough yet to know which is which. I believe square or round refers to the fins. If that's correct, this one's a square barrel. Fins are absolutely perfect.... amazing.

Back