Make Offer - '77 XS650 Parts - 35mm, tank, lights.....

prodgod

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently picked up a 1977 XS650 basket case bike from a buddy of mine because I wanted to use the engine in a project bike I'm building. It came with a lot more parts than I need for my build, so I'm posting up what I won't be using. I'm not sure what everything is worth, so I'm just putting this as a make offer thread.

35mm Front End - Fork Legs and Brakes SOLD
Do not have the fork legs anymore, but still have everything else The lower triple looks good, could possibly use some paint or just a good cleaning. Has a brand new lower taper roller bearing. I also have the front brake line setup, axle, speedo drive unit and spacers.
IMG_0202web.jpg

Gas Tanks
1) 1977 XS650 tank -SOLD. Paint is scratched in many places. Minimal surface rust on the underside. A few dents. Comes with both petcocks. The inside looks clean.
2) '71-'73 XS650 tank -SOLD. With the help from a fellow member, he told me that it is from a '71-'73 XS650. Has a lot of surface rust, but could be sanded down and repainted easy. Comes with both petcocks. Inside looks fairly clean, but would benefit from a sealer treatment.
IMG_0218web.jpg

IMG_0217web.jpg

IMG_0219web.jpg

Inside the tank #1.
IMG_0222web.jpg

Inside tank #2.
IMG_0220web.jpg

1971 XS650 Frame and Swingarm - NO TITLE
This frame does not have a title, but somebody might be able to use it. With some help from a fellow member, he told me this frame is actually from a '71-'73 XS650, NOT a '77.
IMG_0224web.jpg

Chrome Fenders
Not in the greatest conditions. Has some rust spots, along with bents and a small crack on the front fender. The rear fender does come with a taillight (cracked lense) and wiring.
IMG_0204web.jpg

IMG_0206web.jpg

Side Covers - ALL SOLD
I have 3 side covers. All are structurally sound but could use a repaint.
IMG_0203web.jpg

Headlight Bucket
Headlight bucket could use a repaint, but looks to be in good condition. Also includes the indicator light (blown bulb).
IMG_0210web.jpg

Taillight and Turn Signals
One of the turn signals has a slightly cracked lense. The chrome looks pretty good, should probably be able to polish them up nicely.
IMG_0208web.jpg

Rear Shocks
Rusty, but could be good candidates for rebuilding them.
IMG_0209web.jpg

Gauges
Not positive if they are operational, but I was told that they were working before the bike was torn apart. Comes with ignition (I have the key) too.
IMG_0215web.jpg

IMG_0216web.jpg

Other Parts - Rear axle, spacers and adjusters SOLD
I received a bin full of odds and ends for this bike. If you need something, I will look through the bin to see if I have what you are looking for.
IMG_0212web.jpg

-Mike

Last edited:
how much for that frame? with out the title? im afraid to make offers and offend someone haha

If you have an old speedo or tach cable around you can screw one end into the gauge and put the other end into the chuck of a variable speed drill to spin them up to see if they MIGHT work. I've tested tachs this way but not speedos. Don't know how accurate it might be on the speedos. Worth a try though.

Thought I'd throw up a couple prices to see if people are interested in some parts,
Lower triple - $35 + shipping
Fenders (plus attached taillight with cracked lense) -$30 + shipping
Frame - $100 + shipping
Swingarm - $20 + shipping
Full set of turns and taillight - $50 + shipping
Shocks - FREE + shipping
Headlight bucket - $15 + shipping
Gauges - $60 + shipping
Center stand - $15 + shipping
Front axle, nut, spacers and speedo drive unit - $15 + shipping

There are a bunch of random parts in the bin I have, so feel free to ask about what you might need.

Would be willing to trade something of similar value for an OEM stator cover (small disc that bolts to the left side cover over the stator).

I want the headlight shell and the oval airfilters. Also R & L clamp on mirrors if you have some in the box, and a LH handlbar switch with AC205 stamped on the lower half.
PM me please.....

I will look for all the parts you are asking about tomorrow when I get back home and will PM you soon after.

Back