a BMW motorcycle story

This is crazy--I watched that video and I'm sitting here bawling. What a lovely story--and what a great job of restoring that Beemer. Someday, decades from now, I hope my son will do that for Millie....

My friend sent it to me. Good stuff.
My 2nd cousin's father died in 1966 from lymphoma when he was 8 months old. His father had a really nice, award winning chevy. I think it was a '36. Last year he was re-framing a picture of his father and the car when he found a note his father wrote on the back. It said the car was his even though he was only 8 months old and if he scratches it, he'll have his ass. His father died a month later and the car was sold. No shit this is a true story. His father and my father were cousins and best friends. Always racing their cars together. The new owner had it since '66 and it still sits in his garage. He won't sell it to my cousin either.
I'll get him to email me the photo and note and post it later.

Touching story well done and well told.....Thanks Pumps....Condolences Barb

My son Dan did similarly with my old Beemer "Horst" and his newly found Russian "Natasha" now "Horst und Tasha". I missed the inaugural ride so he made this for me.....

forgive me...I had this up before...but I'm shameless and turning myself in for the repeat. Blue

Con't from my first post on this. Here is the note written on the back of the picture. I can't get the car photo to load.
This is what his son (my second cousin) wrote about it. He found this last year.

"I found this tonight inside an old pic of one of my fathers cars. this was written 43 years ago. I took that pic out of the frame to scan it in for Bunky Parslow if he had not asked me for that pic I never would have found this. This is the only thing that I know of he ever wrote to me. He died when I was 8 months old and he was 20. He must have used the frame from another car."

Attachments

• bh2.jpg
    bh2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 100
Blue..............I remember your video from before but I have now enjoyed it a second time:)

P.S. ............About a week ago, while at the Calgary Motorcycle Show, I spent some time looking over the 2011 BMW bikes..................they sure build some great models!

Here's a pic of my good friend's '65 BMW that he put a 1600cc VW engine in. It's pretty neat. It's not all crappy either, he did a really good job on it. Best thing is that it is a kick start too.
I don't know why the pic is doing that.

Attachments

• bmw.bmp
    45.6 KB · Views: 122
Great video................BMW's are iconic!

Indeed they are TRG....Here's something that has been on my "bucket list" for some time now. The "airheads" have long been favorites and of them the R 75 and of them the 12 volts electrics, long wheel base (LWB's), of those the R 75/6.

http://www.bluestradatours.com/Old_N_Fast-small.pdf

I love your area and have thought often of yet another run in that direction. Were I able to do so (my bucket's got a hole in it), I must admit for that ride and distance I'd rather be on a 'Beemer'.

You'd make a great "Airhead" TRG! Best, Blue

Well Blue, I think I've been called an "airhead" a few times in my life, but I take that as a compliment from you:D.

I could be real happy with a 2011 R1200R or maybe a R1200RT..............are they called an "air/oil" head?

If you come up Calgary way, you're always welcome to drop in at my home.

In my 20's I had a '60 R-69, '82 R-100RS and an '74 Ural (Soviet built). I later put the sidecar from the Ural on the R-69. Never had any of them very long due to military movements (PCS). They were all champs in their way. Loved them all. I still want a new Ural.

Back