A ripp'n hardtail bobber build from a seized, desert rat: CALLING ALL DESTROYERS

Right on. I would suggest to just keep an eye on the terminals, making sure they stay nice and clean.

I live on a god damn island surrounded by temperate rain forest haha

For the terminals, I just install them with heavy dielectric grease, tighten, wipe off any access, clean them good and then spray a liberal coat of spray paint.

tank is in
the silver is raw metal thats been brushed- you can see the pitting and some copper close up giving that bratty feel
but looks tits from far away

IMG_0231.jpg

THAT WAS CLOSE ONE (NEWBIE ALERT!!!!):

receiving the tank back from paint, the first thing i did was install it. this is of course after making sure all the wires, fuses, and misc pieces were connected properly. i still have to make he connections for the switches (more on this later) which are holding up the installation of the throttle but other than that im good to go.

with the tank on, the bike came off the rack to get a feel for it. its awesome. the clutch is a little tight and the kick was acting strange....turns out the kick wasn't moving anything at all. i suddenly panicked! why was it working and now its not???

the bike went back on the rack and the right side cover off....checking things out, it looked like the clutch was slipping.

clutch apart- everything is together correctly... grrr...what have i done since putting together this motor.....

then it struck me like thunder. the tight clutch cable?!?!?! mother f-er its so tight. i wonder if its engaging the clutch now allowing the kick starter to do its thing.

entire right side of the motor re-assembled, clutch cable removed- kick works perfectly, clutch works perfectly.

with all that, i got a quick lesson in why a clutch needs adjusting
heres a link on how to do so http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7993

the clutch now adjusted, it feels good, the kick works perfectly and everything is moving
i just need those switches to arrive so i can get this bike on the road!

brembo!

obviously i decided to go with the brembo brake conversion offered by pandemonium. brembo signifies speed and performance as well as performing. ive been procrastinating modifiyng the caliper for a reason unknown to me. turns out it was a lot easier than i thought it was going to be.

modifications needed found here:
http://www.xs650chopper.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/XS650-Brembo-Brake-Kit-HOW-TO-INSTALL-20111.pdf

i painted mine gloss black with a high grade a caliper paint. i would have kept the stock gold look if the gold matched. sadly it didn't:

photo-13.jpg

preview:
(im waiting for 2 small buttons to arrive in the mail- holding up the completion of the build. apparently they are being sent via horse ...stupid usps)

heres the bike thus far:
photo-1-4.jpg

Looks great. Very clean, different from anything else out there.

Your balls get squished into the tank? Guess you will find out..

thanks man
i appreciate it.

my balls will be ok- plenty of room between tank and sack
if i had a beer gut that would be a different story

Looks great. Very clean, different from anything else out there.

Your balls get squished into the tank? Guess you will find out..

the way you hid your battery is awesome i might have to barrow that idea.

also what battery is that, that thing is so tiny!!

thanks man
its made by antigravity batteries
they are really good batteries
i have used them on other bikes and they slay!

the way you hid your battery is awesome i might have to barrow that idea.

also what battery is that, that thing is so tiny!!

Back