Anyone got a used windshield or windjammer?

nlovern

possom man
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Nathan Lovern here. i was wanting to put a windshield on my 82 XS and was wondering if anyone had one they didnt want wanymore. Or a vetter windjammer.
Tax time comeing up soon. Gonna get some on parts for my bike. Ill have few dollars to use.(if my wife lets me have any money.( Its always "everything else is more important than anything i want or need" sucks). but hopeful anyway. still havent been able to changed my oilfilters yet :-(.
Heres hopeing for next summer
Nathan

Now that I ride a C-10 as my "winter" bike, I've got a WJ that I don't use anymore. You'll have to come get it, though. PM me if interested.

A windjammer is pretty big for the XS, the frontal area will kill road power.

Just been spoiled on one for over 10 years.:D And im getting to old. Is 39 old?:)

:laughing: Is 39 old? only to someone under25 so just keepon :smoke: n :cheers: no drivin while :cheers: n more :rock: Then tell the wife u :heart: her n u need :twocents: 4 da :bike:
If that dont work try

:bow: wife :bow2: then take her :popcorn: then tell her

:heart: again
If that dont work try this :cussing: n :wtf: :poke:

:boxing: :cheers: :smoke:
and the :devil: made me do it:doh: :bike:

Vetter made a smaller fairing called the QuickSilver. It fit the xs650 very good and provide adequate protection. Checkout e-bay.

A WJ works well on an XS. I'd still be running one if I hadn't picked up a C-10(wanted a bike with longer legs, I'm not as young as I used to be, lol). My XS pushed it just fine. You can't beat the wind protection they give, esp. w/a set of lowers. They were a universal fit, i.e. they were made to fit a variety of bikes. Then you bought the bracket for your specific bike. I'm a fabricator by trade, so I made several duplicate brackets. You'd have to source the hardware though. Take a look at http://craigvetter.com There is still quite a bit of interest in these fairings.

I started riding in 1974 and never rode behind a fairing until last year-- I won't ever ride without a fairing again.

As to frontal area: most fairings, even the big Windjammers of old, actually reduce frontal area as the fairing redirects air around the bike and the rider who also makes up much of the frontal area on any un-faired motorcycle.

I'm running a modified Rifle Superbike Fairing that I continue to modify and tweak to suit me. When I first put it on my '83, all was fine, but when I switched out the stock buck horn bars for a set of wider tracker bars I found myself sitting higher in the saddle and needing a taller windshield. So I started modifying.

The fairing has made riding easier and the bike more stable and even made it faster from take off and in the higher gears.

Back