anyone use stock tank

jeepguy

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
i have been looking around and see alot of guys using sporty tanks and peanut tanks but was wondering if anyone used there stock tank and how it looks?? pics would be great

Looks like ASS if you happen to have a hardtail on it, plus good luck mounting it if you have a hardtail as well. It can be done on a brat or cafe' though, but IMO it looks out of place.

Just my opinion....(It would be more popular if it looked any good, right?)

Sorry, no pics, just lots of opinion.

Always liked this one.

Attachments

• xs650123456.jpg
    xs650123456.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 544
can't ride a hardtail far enough to make use of that 4 gallon capaticty anyway, and since the mount points are the same for the special tank you're screwed there too... paying the butchers bill:yikes: :bike:

Attachments

• Flame on!.gif
    Flame on!.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
i have been looking around and see alot of guys using sporty tanks and peanut tanks but was wondering if anyone used there stock tank and how it looks?? pics would be great

You're kidding right? Amazing as it may seem there are still numerous high mileage old souls still puttering about on unaltered frames with rear shocks and even OEM XS650 fuel tanks. For while there are choppers, shockers and old inbequockers....there's still a few stockers and we feel like we're free to roam.
Wonderful feeling riding in weather without a kidney belt and with enough fuel to pass gas stations.

Horses for courses gents. Blue

Last edited:
For a low slung tank, you will have to be a little more creative. Cut the tunnel out of something and lower it, or find some of the older dirtbike stuff.

100_3498.jpg

This bike has a James Cadet Fuel tank on it.

This bike is a Honda, but still a vertical twin.
100_5056.jpg

Uses a Honda Elsinore Fuel tank that sits very low on the backbone....

those Elsinore tanks are worth big money to the Honda guys might have to fight them for it :laugh: what to do with a tank?

Well first annex the Sudetenland, invade Czechoslovakia, sign a non-aggression pact with Russia, then next stop Poland

For a low slung tank, you will have to be a little more creative. Cut the tunnel out of something and lower it, or find some of the older dirtbike stuff.

100_3498.jpg

This bike has a James Cadet Fuel tank on it.

This bike is a Honda, but still a vertical twin.
100_5056.jpg

the first bike is exactly what im looking for as far as overall look goes. great looking bike

I am using a stock tank on my bobber. I like them clean and low. Took a while but I figured out how to mount it with the mounting tab cut off. To each their own. I don't like those little tanks sticking up high on the rail and I plan on riding mine.

Back