Attention: XSers In NC, SC Va and Tn

Lighten up a bit and let your bike find you....you'll recognize it! Blue

The only thing I take seriously is my job, and my search for a bike.
Until earlier this year I was one of those "It's a piece of shit if its not a Harley" kinda guys.
Then I came to the realization that we're all out there just to ride, and thats all i want to do, just ride.
My brother balled up my bike in a low speed crash in early 2001 and I have been without since.
Saving up some funds now, and waiting for my promotion to come through and then I am going to be in the wind instead of caged.
Joined up here because I would rather build it the way I want it instead of spending WAY too much at a dealer then having to change out a bunch of stuff and I want to learn all i can about the bikes before I actually end up with one.

Here's another I just found: http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/mcy/2332954709.html I'm pondering this one myself but if I get it I'll have to move things outside to make room in the shed-- something I don't want to do...

Now that is one nice bike. I had seen it before through searchtempest, but I would hate to cut up such a nice original bike. Once the funds are in place i am looking for something a bit more rough around the edges.

Now that is one nice bike. I had seen it before through searchtempest, but I would hate to cut up such a nice original bike. Once the funds are in place i am looking for something a bit more rough around the edges.

That all makes a lot of sense and if you feel the necessity of chopping something up to reach a concept of "your bike" then passing this one might be right but damn....

That's a nice looking 77'D and it's about the peak of XS 650 ness as far as I'm concerned. Can't help but wish that it was the one looking for me.....a little closer by.

Blue

That's the whole point, and why I no longer "have my heart set on" buying a Harley.
I just can NOT justify buying a $17000 (minimum) bike just to pull a bunch of parts off of it and spend another $3000 to $5000 making it "mine".
I have run the numbers, and depending on the initial cost of the bike, I can build MY XS650 for close to or under $4000.

Back