Make Offer - Bottom end, jugs, head,cam&rockers,forks

VonSchmitt

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Head, x368 needs rebuild,
Valve cover w/cam 447 & rockers, very nice,
xs650 forks, usable, some slight rust on tubes between clamps, will sell just tubes & bottoms if you dont want the bottom clamp,
xs750 forks, nice condition, MAKE OFFER
Everything is open for best offers!
I'll post more pics and send more to you if you want.
thanks,Jim

Attachments

• forks.jpg
    forks.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
More pics

Attachments

• cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 153
  • hj1.jpg
    hj1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 138
  • h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 122
  • vc.jpg
    vc.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 141
Why would you split the head and rocker cover........:yikes:......... they are number specific and match up ..................separate heads and covers will only result in continuous oil leaks.....any one who is worth their salt would know this, i expect to see these sorts of sales on ebay not here :cussing:

I got them in some parts and they were ALREADY not a matched set. Also info I didnt know. But thanks for letting me know in such a dick way!

Last edited:
650skull who cares, did you see the pics? OK My bad checked your posts VonSchmidt You are real but that is some pretty ugly stuff!

Thats just not cool. I had hoped this was a decent forum. I really didnt know they were a matched set. Im not trying to peddle junk here. Im in MI, Southgate actually. If you would like to come talk to me about it. I didnt realize that the XS community handled things this way. Maybe a reply like , do you know that the head & rocker are a matched set, would have been more helpful? And seeing as how you noticed that I just joined, maybe you would have thought that possibly,I didnt know that. Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum!

And as far as it being ugly stuff. I have built good,running machines outta worse. And Ive seen some parts on here that look just as bad. Is the forsale section for new parts only?

No but come on, some of that stuff is just junk. I am a junk picker myself and peddle old parts here and elsewhere. I dragged home a parts hulk last night. Maybe to an old Harley or Indian guy that kind of part is useful but the rusty stuff is just that. No one's stopping you just our 2 cents. You can list whatever you want, we can comment on it, that's how a forum works.

THats all good. But valves,rocker,springs,etc. can all be replaced. I see good fines, decent, usable cases to someone who might want to do full on rebuild, or a re phased crank motor. Ive worked on old Hondas for awhile & maybe they were built better? I dont know? I got the stuff with a parts lot & thought maybe someone could use them.

I would think a machine shop could resurface a mis-matched head/rocker box & re-bore or hone for the cam. Every other motor on the planet can be. Or are you saying that Yamaha parts are throw away?

A dick way..........yea probably and how would i know you got these parts as they were or you did not know about the numbered parts:shrug: I wont comment on the quality of the parts.......... Rusty barrels could need to be bored twice or replaced and the outside needs a good clean. Would be cheaper to buy a 650 set from Mikes with the pistons and rings, already bored and honed.

The cases and head/rocker were drilled after assembly, that is why they have to be number specific. All the head would be good for would be to practice a port job

Sorry i got on your case straight off, My tolerance level was down after a similar situation with someone that did not know their parts and would not listen.

The cam seals are notorious for leaking if not fitted properly and re-drilling would be out of the question unless some shims could be made up, but it is just not worth it. I have heard of mismatched head/rocker being used and the lips filed off but............

The bottom end with the crank and stator/rotor (could get lucky), would be a good buy for your asking price

No problems. I was just kinda like what the f..? Why is this guy getting on my case? Ive been a CB guy for a while & just got into the XS, so its a learning experience for me. And you know how it is, reading something always seems worse then having it said face to face for some reason.

Back