Broken Carb

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
Here's the story. I had both carbs out yesterday, cleaned them up, and fixed the leaky "T" bar. The choke was really tough to pull, so lastnight I took them back out and fixed it, but didn't put them in the bike. I went to put them in today, walked in the shed, and noticed something wrong. I usually place a rag over things with little ports and holes to keep crap from going in. Huh, rags not on the carbs and they're moved. I picked them up and noticed this,
carb body.jpg

Well, to get to the oil tank you have to go into the shed. When the oil guy comes one of us opens the door for him. Guess what got filled today? Never said a word to my wife about dropping something, then the dirt ball denied it. After I talked to his boss he said he did bump something and it fell so he put it back on the bench, but doesn't remember what it was. How can you not remember picking up 2 carbs? I still don't understand how this much damage can be caused by falling 3 feet onto a wood floor. And, why he was on that side of the shed. The tank is on the completely opposite side. So now I need a set of carbs.They're paying for them, so I'm getting both.

That's pretty crazy.. Especially since they hit a wood floor...

Those carbs look dirty anyway so it's good your getting new ones! :poke: :D

I just did a little investigating and noticed the cinder block, which is a couple feet away from the bench, has a nice chip out of it and pieces on the floor. Not really sure what happened now. All I know is some dirt ball delivery boy owes me some money.

And yes, the outside of the carbs are dirty, but they work great. I've learned that it is a fact, some dirt and gunk hold things together. And I'm selling the bike.

When you fixed the T-bar was it hard to get the four screws through the bracket into the carbs loose? Any good techniques? I've read they can be a bear. I might have to do this soon. The T-bar has started to spin pretty easily.

Selling this one and getting another, I presume?

The screws, fortunately, came right out. Lastnight I got rid of the brass T bar. I had it rigged with Teflon tape, but it bugged me. I bought a nylon T connector from Ace hardware and a foot of clear 1/4ID 3/8OD gas resistant tube. Cut a piece, that when installed in the port, only came about 1/4 in. out (expossed). Got everything lined up and squeezed it all together, slowly pushing the tube and T together. That sucker is tight. The tube just fits in the port, then when the nylon T, (which is about 1/8 shorter than the brass T) is pushed in, spreads the tubing. It ain't turnin'.

I'll take a picture if I can. It's all back together so a little difficult to get a close up.

And I'm selling this one in order to get a brand new Triumph Speed Triple.

"You meet the normalest people on a new Triumph!"

Nice knowing you, if you split the scene.

Back