Butt pucker time

Did you notice in the GoPro vid the guy riding the motorcycle in the dunes with the camera pointed back at his goggles? He pivots his head to keep it pretty much upright no matter which way the bike is pointed. That's a pretty instinctive movement and is what the guy riding the ridge in the first vid was doing.

I sent the guy a message on YouTube here was his reply

haha, thanks for the heads up. instead of me making an account on xs650 and posting, Go ahead and tell em if they dont believe me first off come to my house and get a load of my ancient, crappy, slow as shit computer with no editing software.... then have them follow me to grand junction colorado and have their nay sayin asses follow me up these spines!!
Thanks bud
Chris

Cool Vids you found :)

Here is one I found from Deals Gap "US129" also known as the Tail of the Dragon,,, He is riding a Yamaha R6

http://tailofthedragon.com/maps/map_deaths.pdf

WK2

A guy who worked for me bought a TL1000, he and some of his buds decided to take a day trip there. I knew he rode dirt bikes but didn't have a whole lot of street experience, so I told him he might want to get some miles under his belt before doing The Dragon. Of course I got the obligatory 'what do old farts know about this kind of stuff' answer.

Monday morning he comes in, I ask him how it went. He said 'God a' mighty, when we got there and guys were unloading cars and bikes with race tires on them I realized I was in over my head'. :laugh:

SCCA-Central Carolina Region now runs a hillclimb twice a year on one of the Dragon's paved side roads. If all goes well, I will drag the rotary Jensen up there this August and take a crack at it.

Off topic a bit but videos like this make me realize how much New York City sucks for bikes. We have very few bike shops as it is and no where close to ride like this at all. Granted I have no where near the skill to do that but I'd like to try. Police are just absurd with the bike hatin' everywhere you go and there are no wide open roads unless you go out at 3 AM, which we do. For the city that has everything, we surely are not motorcycle friendly. End rant

That is yet another reason I will not live in NYC. And yes I have been there. I will stay down here with all the other goofy rednecks. :thumbsup:

The times I've been to NYC I was vehicle-less and felt like any vehicle would have been just in my way. Only been to Manhattan though. The easy to follow subway makes everything there no more than three or four blocks of walking. Or so it seems.

NYC is better suited to bicycles, IMO, so long as you have a place to store your bikes that's not on the street.

sorry for continuing the threadjacking

Here's another sphincter shrinker. (oops!.... sorry, I just noticed it's the same as the 4th post in this thread) This one on a pedal bike in a downhill race through a town in Chile (watch for the dog at about 35 sec). This has camera shake, I would say due to the bumpy path and the nature of the bicycle suspension, if any?
I own 2 Gopro's (the original, and the new HD2) and they are so small and light, they just don't have the mass the old cameras had to be affected like anything that took tape.
The only thing that looks odd about the first video is that because he shot it using the wide angle lens setting, every thing further back than a couple feet looks a lot further away than it really is, look at how small the front end of the bike looks, and how the ground beside him sort of "wraps" past him. So I'm thinkin? maybe the drop on either side is neither as steep or a long as it looks? Cool video none the less, would have attempted such madness myself . . . . 30 years ago

Time Warner cable's weather channel is using some footage of the guy riding the dirt bike on the snow covered mountain splines . The footage is included in their "man vs nature" program.

Back