capacitor locations

CjVoller

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Going down the road of deleting my battery and installing the HHB charging and ignition system. I am planning to fab a small box under the seat pan to hide fuse box and CDI. My question is can I mount my capacitor in a pan under the seat as well or should it be exposed to air for cooling? Anyone have experience with any heat generation from the capacitor or will it be fine to have boxed in under the seat?

Going down the road of deleting my battery and installing the HHB charging and ignition system. I am planning to fab a small box under the seat pan to hide fuse box and CDI. My question is can I mount my capacitor in a pan under the seat as well or should it be exposed to air for cooling? Anyone have experience with any heat generation from the capacitor or will it be fine to have boxed in under the seat?
Like Mike said vibration is the killer. Hugh’s cap should come with a spring bracket. When I was running Hugh’s system I switched to a very small antigravity 12v battery. Does away with the headlight flicker. The battery actually takes up less room than the cap

Back