Carb Sync.?

So whats this Report your working on Pete ? Maybe I could help ! I could really fix ya up I'm sure ! LOL !
they'ed dis-own ya for sure ! HAHAHAHHA !
I mean I could give them the long drawn out version of how I kicked a Mt Lion in the head one time..... that's sure to make points !
Bob.......

in the next few days I hope to use this Carb Cync-er on my bike ... ( I had to wait to get more hose )
I will definately let ya all know how it works out.....
Bob........

OK ....
today I cut the hose extra long for use on the carb syncronizer....
started and warmed the bike up....
killed it, took off the seat and tank bolt and wedged a screw driver under the tank so I could get my hand in there on the left side to adjust the sync of the 2 carbs.
... hooked up the 2 hoses and started the bike the oil imediately started climbing on one side slowly......
i got in there and turned the adjustment screw a tiny amount and it started falling..... I let it idle a bit to see how far it would fall
turns out it only fell about 3 inches from over half way up the stick.... so I turned the screw a tiny bit more and it dropped again....
a bit more and the oil was level across i let it idle a bit and then goosed it a few times to make sure everything was seated good
it changed the reading a bit it went down too far, so I turned the screw in the oppisit direction and got it level again.....
and then went past it and back to try to get the tension off the spring .... that did the trick... it sat at level accross after a few times giving it the throttle...... so I called it good and turned it off and pit it all back together.....
.... the neet part was the sensitivity of the Carb Scync'er..... I am guessing at about 1/16" on the screw driver blade's tip in distance and it was in and out of adjustment..... 1/32" adjustments were needed to get it spot on.....
to say it works good is an understatement ! it's far more sensitive than my Uni-syn. and it works very well indeed. but this home made one is fantastic ! Thank you 2M your design works fantastically !
I recomend it far and above store bought ones ( as they were lucky to be as sensitive as my Uni-Syn , and this puts my Uni-Syn to shame ...... here is a pic of the completed Carb Sync'er .....
YOU NEED ONE OF THESE !!!!!!
total cost about $6.00 for the hose 3/16 Vynal hose at the hardware store
scrap board....
1" PVC pipe (scrap in the back yard) ( 2-6" pieces I think)
4#1" PVC Caps ( I didn't have them so I jerry rigged PVC caps of my own and welded them on with a soldering iron.)
4# 1" pices of 1/4" copper tubing ( scrap in the shop)
left over Shoe-Goo from walmart to seal up the resivours air tight.
it Works great fella's !
thanks again 2M !
Bob.........
20170504_184629.jpg

LOL Nope ! Your design Your baby ! I just made one and proved your design for you ! and it is a buity !
my carbs were very close to SYNC.... when I started and yet the oil started crawling up one side with every revolution
( real glad I made it a long one ! ) by the time I got the screw driver on the adjustment screw it was about a foot from the resivours
thankfully I twisted the screw in the right direction...as it imediately started dropping..... so I knew that was the right direction to turn !
what amazed me was it didn't continue to drop .... it found a balance at that setting ! so I backed it down where I could be sure both sides would see the same gravity on the oil..... then made the levels equil with the adjustment screw !
the adjustment on that screw was very tiny to get it dead on ! probably 1/32" of a twist of the screw driver !
and that is REALLY sensitive ! ....... I have no doubt that it doesn't have to be that sensitive to work good, but hay if you have the ability go for it ...Right ? LOL
Thanks again for your design ! Now Dubbed.... "the 2M Carb Sync'er"
LOL
Bob.......

The one with the reservoirs on the bottom, thank you queenslegs, I see how that works. Reservoirs at the top don't make sense to me.
The amount of liquid in the hose isn't very much, if it did get sucked into a running engine won't hurt anything. The most it will do is burn a bit, most will just get blown through the engine, collecting in the exhaust if it didn't get blown out there too.
Leo

Back