What does every one run, I know mikuni round slides are great,
and I've herd some others also. I'm running stock 34 bs factory carbs
and they are ok, they put fuel into the engine but that's about it
I want to get something else more performace and seen some very
expencive stuff on web sites like mikesex.net and 650cental.com
and about ten other sites. So what have u all had luck with and what
have u bought that works or doesn't?
Thanks for The support btw!:bike:

Had the mikunis on the last bike. Liked them. Wish I would of sold the bike with stockers and kept them.

I'm running the Mikuni flatslides. Better performance than the round slides, but a bit of a pain in the arse to work on. Stalk eBay and you'll find a pair at a reasonable price, easy to get jetting advice on here.

Attachments

• Carb.JPG
    Carb.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Carb Comp.jpg
    Carb Comp.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 106
  • CarbSizeComp.jpg
    CarbSizeComp.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 112
I run dellorto pumpers got a set of 34mm on one and 32mm on another, good carbs once set up, you can get them at a reasonable price on ebay, normally off ducati's so set up for a 4 stroke.

Hello there.

I´m wondering about the specific names of the Aftermarket mikuni carbs.

As I understand the VM carbs are roundslide type.
What´s the name of the flatslide carbs?

Also, is there any other carbs that will fit the xs 650? I guess some carbs fit pretty well and others may need some more extended work to peform satisfying.

I do understand that´ll need to do the right settings depending on different kinds of tuning to the engine.

The thing is when you´re searching the Ebay or swapmeets you need to know what to look for, you all know what I mean.
With your help I may not need to take a chance buying carbs that won´t fit.:thumbsup:

By the way! Besides learning more about my own bike here on XS650 I´m also learning to write in English. Such a long time I was even near a school:laugh:

So long/BigBoreSwede

By the way! Besides learning more about my own bike here on XS650 I´m also learning to write in English. Such a long time I was even near a school

Ya! Shore! Yu bet cha!

I have a set of 36ml mikuni roundslides, jetted by 650motorcycles. The cables are too long, and they are set way too lean. I've been told that the 34 ml make for a better street bike, particularly with a stock bore.

Back