Carbs

TGOOD

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Thinking about buying new carbs. My question is, should I go back with 38s or change it up and go with 34s ??

Both work well so I would say whatever you find in good shape and for the best price. If you go 38s, stay with a '76 or newer linked set.

IMG_20170306_155745891.jpg
I have one carb not delivering fuel like it should and one side of the motor not running unless it's at real low idle. It will also come in at full throttle riding down the road. Took carbs apart and found this tube broke. Would that cause the problem ?

That's your needle jet. It controls fuel flow mostly through the midrange or middle RPMs but does factor in everywhere else as well. I don't know what would cause it to break, I never found one like that. But if broken, yes, that could explain why you got no fueling through the middle RPM range.

I think someone broke it off when they were in the carb and just set it space in the where it goes and put the float bowl back on. But the needle was fine just the tube was broke.

Can anyone look at previous pic of my carb and tell me which one I need to order ?
V2
V6
V8

Back