Chicken Lips ! Scored !

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Doing the happy dance ( relax, fully clothed ) ..... In great shape.... Since the bike (82' Heritage Special) is all black with new powder coat and body paint.... I may have to have these smaller covers painted to match....
I'm think'n about add;n a sticky Velcro to the back of the cover and the frame.... even with new replacement frame rubbers... .. ? 😎

Attachments

• XS Chicken lips.jpg
    XS Chicken lips.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 32
Came out of a gas station once to see a guy oogling over the right side cover on my Honda, the rare hard to find one. He told me that a friend of his was looking for the same cover in the same paint scheme, and how badly he needed one. Well, made me think about how many of these lost side covers may be swiped instead of lost.:shrug:

Came out of a gas station once to see a guy oogling over the right side cover on my Honda, the rare hard to find one. He told me that a friend of his was looking for the same cover in the same paint scheme, and how badly he needed one. Well, made me think about how many of these lost side covers may be swiped instead of lost.:shrug:
A few years ago we did a Xs1 for a client..... last summer he sent this cover... for unk reasons he took it off.... installed it and went for a ride... got home and... Eeeeck !.... Traced his route and found it in the middle of the road..... we didn't have another Xs1... we had a Xs1b... which we discovered has different placement of the holes for the emblem in the middle.... this required a visit to the welder.... when it was all said and dine... an expensive lesson. :(

Attachments

• Xs side cover crushed.jpg
    Xs side cover crushed.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 14
Unless the thief is carrying some wire cutters in his back pocket, my stainless wire tether will likely frustrate his grab-n-go scheme to such a degree that he will give up yanking and take off.

Back