LONG Day...

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
My dogs are barking..... either things are getting heavier than I remember or I'm getting older ...... A few weeks ago, I attended the monthly VJMC meeting, and a fellow said he had 3 Xs650's for sale... I told him I have 3...don't need 6 but I'd eyeball them. The 77' is good nick... Special exhaust, 32mm Mike's carbs... pleated filters... not a fan of them.... 145-150 compression... 13.5-14.1 charging with lights on.... needle bearings in the swingarm... tapered bearings in the steering head... Cold start... fired straight away and idled smoothly.... nice throttle response... runs great.... the 72'... with a 73' seat.... had an engine issue.... owner installed a " rebuilt " engine.... week later clutch basket let loose and ground into the clutch cover.... He had a 73'... bad lower end... took it apart down to the frame for a restoration and like many such projects.... it withered away... a bunch of parts....nice tank and side covers for the 77'... many other bits... So, I contacted my buddy the hair lipped dog... ' mark mark mark " (Mark T)... and today a deal was made... My truck and trailer the hair lipped dog's car and trailer.... humping engines up ... boxes of engine parts... body tins... one of the engines came with a Mike's Xs engine stand.... We took everything to our off-site storage spot in the Wisconsin woods......(65 miles) Oh happy joy joy.... now, off load bikes.. and un-hump boxes and engines.... I decided to put my 82' on the trailer a buddy said he could solve the electrical grimlins..... the Dunstall..... ? Four years ago the owner dropped that and a P-11 off.... wanted both brought back to their former glory.... ... I told Mark... No... Noooooo.... we're not set up for British... no Brit screws... bolts... I discovered parts for P-11's have much in common with chicken lips.... as of last week... engine runs... minor oil leaks addressed.... we had to use a roller starter.... we couldn't kick start it... 165 compression.... I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow and feel.... yesterday 😎

Attachments

• Mark Score 1.jpg
    Mark Score 1.jpg
    612 KB · Views: 58
  • Mark Score 2.jpg
    Mark Score 2.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Mark Score 3.jpg
    Mark Score 3.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Mark Score 4.jpg
    Mark Score 4.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Mark Score Dunstall.jpg
    Mark Score Dunstall.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 55
Looks nice - luckily you have an off site area to store it ( don’t leave it to long, you may forget you have it :) ). Think you are right - this stuff gets heavier as times go by - must be the added dirt and dust.

Back