Cleaning stand

JOHNDADDY

XS650 Addict
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Stumbled across this today, looks like a great idea.
Anybody have / use one?

1710344869278.png

That's why I love my centerstand (and wouldn't be without one). Failing that, it's my Blackjack 1000 (one of the best "bike" investments I ever made) .....

BlackJack.jpg

BlackJack4.jpg

BlackJack5.jpg

I've done some scary lifting and maintenance on bikes with and without center stands before with two small floor jacks. Tire changes, sprocket changes and brake changes etc., even on other peoples bikes. I've even had both wheels and forks off before using these two floor jacks. Luckily I've never dropped one. It was always good to see the bike still standing on the jacks and maybe an extra prop the next morning. :) Kind of nice not doing every ones bikes anymore.

I’ve got one and unless the bike is perfectly vertical it will walk off to the side as you roll the tire. I’ve had it a while but because of that I hardly use it.
Thanks, kinda though that might be a problem, especially the sporty that doesn't have a center stand.
I do have crossties set up, that might help.

Center stand is great but before I put mine on I’d use the same set up as 5T. The XS is nice because it has some nicely located flat spots on the frame for jacking.

Center stand is great but before I put mine on I’d use the same set up as 5T. The XS is nice because it has some nicely located flat spots on the frame for jacking.
I don't have one yet but it is defintly on the list, and someday a table.

I highly recommend a screw type jack as opposed to the hydraulic kind. They are infinitely adjustable and hold that adjustment. Hydraulic jacks can "settle" overnight and are difficult to set at an exact height, especially if trying to lower to that point. With the Blackjack, I can raise the bike way up so the rear wheel rolls out easily, then lower it to the exact point where the axle hole aligns with the swingarm slots. No more wrestling with that wheel, trying to lift it with one hand while shoving the axle in with the other.

BlackJack2.jpg

BlackJack3.jpg

I need to raise the bike up quite high to get the rear wheel in and out because of my bag racks, and the Blackjack makes it easy .....

BlackJack6.jpg

There are cheaper Chinese versions available from eBay but I've heard they can have issues with the screw stripping out. I don't regret paying more for mine. Like I said, I consider it one of the best motorcycle tool investments I've made.

I have a screw motorcycle jack, cheap one from Amazon. I use it with or without the dolly depending on what I"m doing.
When I pulled my xs650 engine, I put it on the dolly and raised it up to the right height to pull the engine off and over. I've also used it for some other stuff including a garage shelf repair project where I had to lift something up pretty heavy.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GCF78NN

I just ordered a paddock stand to fill the gap of some stuff I can't do without it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09BYYDKZ2/

With that combination, I think I'm covered.

the motorcycle wheel thing the OP posted could fill another gap if one needed something smaller and more portable.

Back