Crated sr500

I saw that video a few weeks ago. I found it interesting that some of the brand new , never used parts of the bike were completely unusable from corrosion.

That was the crate Honda they found. And yeah, total bummer to find a brand new bike, only to see it’s had by pinky and the brain.

This one is pretty much pristine - minus some rat droppings.

Aw man, you beat me to it. I just saw this video online and was going to share it. Awesome story though!

That was the crate Honda they found. And yeah, total bummer to find a brand new bike, only to see it’s had by pinky and the brain.

This one is pretty much pristine - minus some rat droppings.

Pinky and the Brain! 😆😆😆 I know, that guy is such a knucklehead! I didn‘t realize he had two of those crate bikes, I remembered wrong, I’ll have to check that SR500 out! Thanks!

Some one needs to tell these guys about the kick indicator window and why there is a compression release lever.

Interesting story, but I couldn't watch it due to all of the malarkey and silliness. I did watch the last couple of minutes, when they try to start it -- see my opening comment above.

They make specific mention to the difficulties of starting those bikes and that it’s maybe the first bike with a Tdc window.

It seemed they weren’t doing the start sequence correctly.

When they did, fired right up.

They make specific mention to the difficulties of starting those bikes and that it’s maybe the first bike with a Tdc window.

It seemed they weren’t doing the start sequence correctly.

When they did, fired right up.

Yup! I had that motor in an XT500. That little window on the end of the cam made it dead simple and it would fire right off. But once you got familiar with it, it went like this. Press the kickstarter lever down until you come up against compression, bring the kick starter back to the top, pull the decompression lever and rotate the kick lever down until it points straight back. Bring the lever back up to the top and give it one good stomp. Usually it was a one kick affair. 🙂

Yup, I had an SR500, started first kick every time, once you knew how. Sales in the UK were poor and certainly not helped by the cretins in the motorcycle press who all wrote, 'Yeah, probably a good bike in there, if we could've started the bloody thing.'

Why do these two guys refer to it as a Yamahaw? That's a brand I'm not familiar with.

Had a couple of Sr's over time... fun fun fun bike.. ! Handled great.... had plenty of giggy and go... Yes, you have to start it.. " properly " but once ya got the hang it.... fun fun fun.... and that was the weak sales point... John Q. Squid needed that little back button on the right side of the handlebars... 😎

Back