For Sale - Ebay find: "79 YAMAHA XS650 XS 650 REAR DISC BRAKE FRAME W/TlTLE $299.99" (not mine)

Yamakazi

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Not my ad.

Came up on Ebay overnight..."Buy It Now - $299.99".

Quoted from the ad, more pics at link:

"first off, the pictures posted are of another frame i sold in early december. the frame im selling is still a complete motorcycle and later this week or next week, when i tear the bike down, ill update the pictures. they are exactly the same frames, just the one pictured has other random parts on it, and the one i will ship you is completely bare. the only difference is that you will not get any of the items bolted to the frame as pictured, you will only get a bare frame. no reflectors or any brackets.. just a bare frame and a street TlTLE.

THE ITEM YOU ARE BUYING IS OFF OF A: 1979 YAMAHA XS650 THE FRAME/VIN/SERIAL/CHASSIS NO. IS: 2F0-173636

THE ENGINE NO. IS: N/A

IT WAS MADE: N/A

THE SPEEDOMETER READING (MILES): N/A

COMPRESSION: N/A

TO SEE ALL THE PARTS THAT I HAVE FOR THIS MACHINE, CLICK THE LINK BELOW:

XS650 PARTS

THIS ITEM IS A: FRAME & TlTLE

OEM PART NUMBERS:

2M0-21110-00-33

3G1-21110-01-33

THIS ITEM: IS IN GREAT SHAPE! THERE IS NO DAMAGE, CUTS, WELDS, OR REPAIRS FOUND!

THIS IS A REAR BRAKE DISC / ROTOR FRAME.

YES IT DOES COME WITH T!TLE. ITS A CLEAN, UTAH, STREET ONE.

THE ITEM YOU ARE BUYING IS OFF OF A: 1979 YAMAHA XS650 THE FRAME/VIN/SERIAL/CHASSIS NO. IS: 2F0-173636

THE ENGINE NO. IS: N/A
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-YAMAHA-XS650-XS-650-REAR-DISC-BRAKE-FRAME-W-TlTLE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19c1d88506QQitemZ110626374918QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Attachments

• !B9ST4Uw!mk~$(KGrHqYOKp!Ey+jC0CGYBM5W(-l9Gw~~_3.JPG
    !B9ST4Uw!mk~$(KGrHqYOKp!Ey+jC0CGYBM5W(-l9Gw~~_3.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 125
  • !B9ST6)wCWk~$(KGrHqYOKi!Ey77ySJBsBM5WYDmOeQ~~_3.JPG
    !B9ST6)wCWk~$(KGrHqYOKi!Ey77ySJBsBM5WYDmOeQ~~_3.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 103
Seems like a lot of money for just a frame, $430 with shipping. You should be able to find a complete bike for around $500.

Another point you might want to consider:

I just contacted the seller of this frame with the following question, "I understand you have a title but is it a first party title? In other words, is the bike titled in your name or somebody else's name?"

I'm awaiting the seller's answer.

This is important because in many states a title that isn't 100% correctly handled is a worthless piece of scrap paper. I buy hundreds of used motor vehicles a year and have learned these lessons the hard way. If the person whose name is on the title is not the name of the person who is selling you the vehicle you risk loosing the vehicle, paying heavy fines, going to jail or all the above. There not only has to be a title but the title must be 100% clean-- no liens, no unpaid taxes and no old owners coming back to haunt you.

It's not the same in every state but here in North Carolina it is very easy to get burned. Three years ago I got burned to the tune of thousands of dollars on a junk dump truck we restored to use in our business. Seems the owner who gave the truck away to the junk man decided he wanted the truck back after I got a title for the truck and put it on the road.

And the $200 bond I posted on the title to get the DMV inspectors to come out and approve the truck? Title bonds only prevent the DMV from getting sued when they screw up.

Finally, don't expect the DMV to be able to correctly answer your questions because as a rule they can't.

Back