fighting tactics

But really, just work on your combo's and your blocking and do lots of cardio. You don't want to get winded or tired. And if you know your opponent, watch lots of video and find weaknesses.

be patient, don't waste energy, i've never been in as good shape as my sparring partners, but i'm lazy, so i don't waste energy. instead of taking a hit, practice twisting to deflect it, use the motion to charge your punches, so they supply a chunk of the energy you use to hit them :)

and my signature move: step on their feet so they can't get away :)

as for endurance, when you're training, go for longer than the actual round. we usually go for 20-25 minutes straight, my buddy's sister invited a bunch of her friends to join us once, they studied a style that focused on a quick, vicious take down and were spent after 2 minutes, we were just getting warmed up, they never came back...

Strikes only, eh? How about a knife hand directed 2" past his Adam's apple. If there's some dumb rule that you aren't supposed to kill him, then stomp on his foot. Stomp the heel of your biker boot onto his sandal. Stomp with all your might, then follow up with an eye gouge. Unless there's a pussy rule that you can't blind him either. In that case, stomp his foot again. Then stomp further and further up his leg as the rules will allow.

Are we talking boxing match or no holds barred like the MMA fights? Used to know a guy who boxed and also fought in martial arts tournaments. Always wondered how he could remember to not kick a guy in the head when he was in the boxing matches.
jefft

Watch a lot of movies with Jason Statham, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, and possibly Claude Van Damme, but stay away from movies with Sylvester Stallone and Steven Seagal.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Why not Segal? He was the real deal. He holds a 7th degree black belt in Aikido. One of the few that did at one time. Always kind of liked to watch him clean the room. His style of fighting always looked so effortless.
jefft

He lives in Phoenix these days. He rode along with the Sherriffs dept. and Sherriff Joe here a while back and busted a dog fighting ring here in town. That makes him ok with me.
jefft

Her's a piece of an interview with David Carradine about Steven Seagal.

KILL BILL star DAVID CARRADINE hates fellow actor STEVEN SEAGAL so much - he'd like to see him beaten up.

Carradine insists Seagal thoroughly deserves a "karate smackdown" - and he's sure he's not the only one who feels that way.

He says, "People have (beaten up Seagal) and he doesn't publicise it. I've never met anyone who likes him."

:boxing:

Maybe Carridine should call him out! Notice he said "he would like to see him beaten up. I would like to see that one. I think he is a little weird too but I respect his commitment and he's not too bad a guitar player either.
jefft

Last edited:
Back