fighting tactics

any training tips besides cario cardio cardio?how do i add oomph to my punch training wise?

Sounds like he may have had some issues of his own. Funny how you sometimes see these actors as a pretty cool character while their playing there part in a movie. Then you later see them on a talk show as they really are and you realize they are an idiot.
jefft

any training tips besides cario cardio cardio?how do i add oomph to my punch training wise?

Well, you haven't said what you are training for. But, to get the most power out of your punches/kicks is to aim about 4-6 inches behind your target. And always try to hit with your index and middle knuckles. Of course speed plays a big factor as well as weight.

Are you training for tournaments/matches or is someone gonna meet you on the playground after school?

no amount of karate can save you from a stragglebate gone wrong! not much help in your fight but it is an important life lesson that david carradine never learned

What kind of fight are you talking abouit? Point style karate sparring? MMA where it can go to the ground? Boxing? Are there any rules?
jefft

But seriously folks....

Yes, what kind of competition fighting are you talking about? My first and foremost advice would be if you're asking us how to train - you need to go find a trainer :)

There's a thing about fighting that is sort of intriguing to me. That is as fairly relatively decent people for the most part, we are deeply trained and ingrained not to fight. That is a real inhibition when you have to fight, that inhibits your effectiveness. On the other hand the person you're up against, being a bad guy, is not as deeply ingrained and trained not to fight. He is at an advantage. There are ways to deal with that. You must make sure you're in the right and defending right. Realize you have a responsibility to do that, and rehearse it in your mind. Some people train imagining the opponent is threatening a loved one like a wife or mother.

Back