fitting pamco 14-0901 to a 1976 xs650

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys ,,, well i,ve been busy lately,,, i,ve now got the dual fire coil mounted on the clamps from home depot... a club member was great enough to send them for me.. and i thank him for that...it was great,,, and i,ve loosely mounted the ignition plate but not tighten upand mounted the rotorand washer /lock nut ,,,,now on my coil i,ve connected the green wire from ignition plate to the bluey coloured wire on the coil ,,, i realise that the black wire is earth,i was going to mount thatblack wire to the top engine frame bolt that goes thru the frame as well ... finally i,m stumped with the red wire on the ignition,,,, can i cut the existing male joiner of the coil thats left and run the red wire fron the ignition plate aand the other coil wire ....clamp both together ,,,,then run it to the red/white wire from the bike...,,, sorry guys but i still have problems changing light bulbs in my home ,,,,,,,any help would be fantastic regards oldbiker

Last edited:
oldbiker,

You should have two red / white wires that used to go to the two coils in the stock points arrangement so now you can just connect one of these red / white wires to the coil and the other red / white wire to the red wire from the plate. No cutting necessary.

Back