Flat tracker build in Bedfordshire UK.

I reduced the length of the inner bearing shaft to 193mm this, with the new end caps and spacers leave an overall length of 200 mm (as long as I haven't cocked up the measurements :D

Attachments

• XS650 2 014.jpg
    XS650 2 014.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 224
  • XS650 2 016.jpg
    XS650 2 016.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 226
  • XS650 2 017.jpg
    XS650 2 017.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 235
Thanks Oaklahoma, things took a backward step when I was made redundant last year, so I lost the use of CNC or Manual machines to knock up my parts on:( , although I was only out of work for a short while, the company I now work for has less tolerence for folk doing Homers, but as long as a machine is free and it's in my own time I can generally make stuff again as long as I don't take the piss :D.

Well , the project has been a loooong time sitting idle, this was due to several reasons, mainly just too busy at work to do anything else, along with a promotion and (naturally) more responsibility,things have taken a back seat.
I even sold my Streetfighter project due to lack of time, this was replaced by a couple of Triumphs so I could get out and about, touring Spain, France, Belgium, and Scotland.
However, I am back in the swing and should see some progress in the coming weeks, I’ll post picks as I go.

So, I knocked up a couple of sets of Stainless Cylinder Head Nuts, sold a set to Soulsurfer off of here, while I was at it I’ve made some similar nuts for the Footrests, although I am undecided whether to use the originals or change to a different set up.
What I have also done is ordered myself a large lump of Aluminium (that’s Aloooominum, to our stateside friends),I also acquired a spare clutch cover that will have a window in it, nothing that hasn’t been done before, but sod it, this bike will have one.
I have also started to bead blast a few bits in preparation for powder coat, the company I work for manufacture our own products, part of this process is powder coating which we buy in, one finish we have is a black satin leatherette which looks good on our stuff, but not sure it will translate to a bike.

Thanks, I’ve also done a window in the Tappet covers, I’ll post a pic when I get back to work.
The window is polycarbonate.

I think I saw your post on the UK Facebook group featuring these, I’d love to reserve one if there’s any still available?

Awesome work!

Daniel.

Back