forum search tool!

make a "search forum first" rule

• Total voters
I'm a little late to this party, but agree with cooltouch that the members here are pretty good when it comes to not slamming new members for asking things that have been covered before. If I know something has been covered, I'll usually try to point them in the right direction or find out more details about their problem to figure out why it is unique. I just updated the tech section with a few more good links about general troubleshooting so hopefully that'll help a little bit. As far as making it a rule that people have to search first, well.. that would be impossible to enforce, and make us seem like a bunch of jackasses if we slammed every dumb question. What I dislike more than questions that have been asked and answered several times before, are the vague questions like "why won't my bike start?" with no details. Now maybe they have no idea why, but they've got to try to explain the details of their problem or no one will be able to help.

You guys crack me up with that button, and a_robotham's article "How to Bag a Skank" :laugh:

Maybe I'll write an article on all the ways to search the site...

Back