Frame Mod Question

quickj

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking at my Frame now that I have my Monster kit installed.

I am thinking of removing the intermediate braces as shown.

I know I have seen other swingarm bikes with these gone (Slither302's for example).
I think that the way the monster kit installs provides plenty of triangulation and strength to this area.

I could also weld in a straight tube from one side of the frame to the other, at about where the shock mounts are to use as a fender mount.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? I like the way it looks with it gone.

full

My photochop skills are not up with Jdizon's but you get the idea.

It looks good with out the braces. I would tie the bars together with a piece of round tubing under the seat pan. Plenty left over from the old frame section. That would make it stronger than the seat pan unbraced. The braces removed were to strengthen the swing arm pivot area. :thumbsup:

they were swing arm braces? isnt it still a swing arm? are you going to run a tube from one shock mount to the other? i like it without it/them

Often overlooked is the weakest link the swing arm bolt. They do break. Best to upgrade that old bolt with a stronger one. I would also do the tube brace under the seat pan.

I ground those buggers all smooth. The two bosses welded to the side we are looking at were a perfect fit for my stock ignition switch. just had to drill them out a little.

Back