from the west, to the east, and back again.

WOW You guy's get my "IRON BUTT AWARD" Great trip.......................
tim

All I can say is ,,,
GREATNESS !!!!
This is exactly the trip I want to attempt next summer. Pa. to Washington State and return. It is a bucket list trip for me. One of the reasons that I built my bike actually.

Inspiring. !

You were in my backyard, sorta, in Dambassville. I get gas there at the Stewarts shop routinely.
I've tried to take pics of that sign, but the locals frown on it. I wanna make it outta town.
Guess I've seen the ending to Easy Rider too many times.
=====================================================
DUDE !!!!
You should try and come with me next summer. I wanna ride from Pa. to Seattle and return.
Wanna go??? I KNOW you do,,,,,
Lets do it.

Great pics, and great experience exploring your country, your bikes, and yourselves, I'm sure.

Are you glad to be home or sad? There seems to be two basic ways to do this. One is like a vacationer and the other is like a hobo. I used to fly to NYC every few months as a vacation, Disneyland for adults, and I feel like I never connected with anybody. The bike tour thing I did like a hobo, earning money when I needed it, and it was a much richer experience. It's like if you live right you'll be provided for, at least in the U.S.A.
I could have easily done another 3 weeks on the road. the last few legs on the way home were pretty sad, knowing that it was back to work, back to regular life.

Your a hard arse james. my hats off to you:).................Great trip and great pics. Great example of what these bikes are capable of............had a good giggle to my self when the Harley broke down and the old TX sitting next to it smiling............

We need a dedicated section for "jamesgs4 trips". keep safe. :bike:

What speeds do you cruse at on your trips?

Your a hard arse james. my hats off to you:).................Great trip and great pics. Great example of what these bikes are capable of............had a good giggle to my self when the Harley broke down and the old TX sitting next to it smiling............

We need a dedicated section for "jamesgs4 trips". keep safe. :bike:

What speeds do you cruse at on your trips?
sweet spot is 70 mph, she could hum along all day there. any faster it starts blowing oil out of the vent tube.

This trip certainly has got me thinkin', Fred.
Yep,,,
its one of my bucket list items. Do it old school,,, on my XS,, hardtailed. It rides very well and should make the trip just fine.
Not looking to break any records,, scenic routes,,away from major highways if possible. We should be able to have people from here available too if something major happens. I'm thinking 21 days should be enough.sleep outside if the weather is good,, or arrange with people to crash there place. Carry bare minimum clothes n stuff.

Back