Front fork lower pinch bolts '75 XS650B

Niels B

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
ok I'm pretty sure my fork is original, however looking at all the schematics in the Clymer manual and online at partsfish etc. they all only show one pinch bolt on each side on the under brackets, however pictures in the book show 2 lower pinch bolts - my '75 also have two lower pinch bolts ? is this just a repeated error in all the workshop manuals ?
I have also been searching for a more comprehensive shop manual (equal to the once a dealership mechanic would have used), i assume it exist as i found an online version for my Honda CB750F '77, and clue where to search?
p.s i do also have the Clymer Honda manual but it's not even close to the other shop manual i found through the Honda SOHC group.
thanks Niels

The parts drawing I looked at on Partzilla does show only one bolt in the drawing but the parts listing calls for 4 .....

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/1975/xs650b/front-fork-tx650a-xs650b

All the pictures I looked at for '75 models show two lower pinch bolts. I don't think the drawings are wrong but rather simply the way Yamaha chose to illustrate it, not drawing in all 4 bolts.

Many of us like the factory shop manuals best. Not sure you can get them from Yamaha any more but used ones are readily available on eBay. You can usually find one for less than $20 if you're patient. Yamaha didn't publish a full manual every year but rather every couple or 3 years. The one you'd be after would cover the '74-'77 models .....

full

A more recent edition would have a more "plain jane" cover .....

full

These are the 3 I use. The Factory service manual came with my 75 when I bought it from the PO.
6A98A68E-7447-4C58-A4F5-3A4512616BA7.jpeg

Manual only show one pictured, but there are in fact two on each side.
image.jpg

Back