fuel leak/ T connector

fbmed

committednotaddicted
Reaction score
I just switched from the stock vacuum fuel lines to your plain old fuel lines... connected the fuel line to the carb T and cappedoff the breather thing and its leaking like crazy... it was pretty loose i noticed, but it was loose before the rebuild, does this call for a new fuel T? or what?

Or what - Do a little research why don't you. This subject was covered in detail 2 days ago.

The question isnt how do i replace it or if theres a solution or not, i read those three, twins, its why does the vacuum system cause it to not leak even when its very loose, does it pull the carbs that much? more of an explanation of why, not how. and thanks xjwmx, ive referenced this site to build two different xs's now, one stock rebuild and one from scratch, frame up, which is what im working on now.

Without the vacuum petcock there may be more pressure behind the fuel. I think the vacuum petcock opens and closes rapidly when it's operating rather than just being held open all the way like the other. Or the T might have taken one twist too many during the change over. Any rate - time for the T repair if it's loose enough to leak either way.

Back