Fuel line routing?

junkshow

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Any pics of bikes with sporty tanks showing how you routed your fuel lines? What petcock you used, etc?

Posted via Mobile

img-0388.html

Ive got a knock-off pingle, and a nifty cleanable filter, the line just runs under the backbone, and in between the carbs to the fuel tee. bs34's.
for some reason I cant post pics all of a sudden. GGGary, is this something to do with that email thing going round?

I run standard position petcocks but with vm34's. Since room is limited I criss-cross the fuel lines from the petcocks. Left line goes to right carb and right line goes to left carb. It eliminates any kinks in the fuel lines.

I am up against the same issue right now. So limited for space. I think my fuel lines are going to be a maximum of 4-5" including the y fitting.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with this issue. Now, who's got pics if how they resolved the issue?

It seems to work fine with how it's set up, I'm just afraid that it might start starving for fuel during extended highway miles.

I'll get a pic later today of what I'm currently dealing with.

Posted via Mobile

No kinks, but does this routing limit the flow?

Disregard all the messy wiring, I'm still cleaning that up.
Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 153
If you use the stock petcoks and route without kinks how could it limit the flow? If your flow is restricted it would come from sort of blockage.

Back