Wanted - Fuel tank cap assembly 73-75

2XSive

At least one screw loose behind the handle bars
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Been searching online and can't find an original in good condition. If anyone has one they'd be willing to part with, I'm willing to pay a fair price, especially if it has the lock with key. For a 73 TX restoration. Much obliged.

Hit up @DogBunny. He usually has one or two for sale on eBay. They are hard to find in nice shape. Sure wish someone made a re-pop. You can also do searches as some RD’s and tx750 used the same one.

Thanks! Yeah, I've spent too much time researching which models share the same cap to use in my search endeavors. @DogBunny, PLMK if you have one for sale! I see one on eBay that is listed several times all showing the same pic and background, but at different prices, and it's not a complete unit.

gggGary will be cheaper than me. You need three things: The entire cap assembly, especially a non-cracked gasket; The entire latch assembly, including pin and spring; And the lock and key. I have whatever Gary can't supply.

Found it!
Not sure cheap would be the right answer here. Most of whats needed.
I believe the cap is a rechromed original. (not sure...)
I checked and don't currently have a tank that needs it.
@magoo66

Attachments

• KIMG4461.JPG
    KIMG4461.JPG
    379.7 KB · Views: 46
  • KIMG4462.JPG
    KIMG4462.JPG
    335.1 KB · Views: 48
Found it!
Not sure cheap would be the right answer here. Most of whats needed.
I believe the cap is a rechromed original. (not sure...)
I checked and don't currently have a tank that needs it.
@magoo66
Those are VERY good looking parts. The loose circlip in the pics is extra -- you can see the cap already has one. The loose spring is probably extra -- it goes inside the cap -- when you push on the cap gasket you will know if there is already a spring in there.
You will still need the hinge pin and clip for the cap, and the complete latch assembly as I described earlier. Let me know if you need them.

I'll PM you Gary....looks perfect. I'll start the application process for a second mortgage.

Those are VERY good looking parts. The loose circlip in the pics is extra -- you can see the cap already has one. The loose spring is probably extra -- it goes inside the cap -- when you push on the cap gasket you will know if there is already a spring in there.
You will still need the hinge pin and clip for the cap, and the complete latch assembly as I described earlier. Let me know if you need them.
Thanks Dog....yes, if Gary doesn't have the pins and parts you mentioned, I'd be glad to buy them from you. Maybe Gary can confirm, and then let's talk?

Back