Good Deal?

Well... Maybe this time..

Attachments

• 77 XS.jpg
    77 XS.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 290
- nice clean looking ride, appears well loved, someone has swapped a special seat onto her, how many km's has she ridden

- looks as if shes been garaged all her life and only ridden on sunny days, not too many owners

Very clean looking D model....looks a lot like a nice bike I've seen here in Utah?
Any chance it's the same one? Alta maybe?

If you're ever so inclined, I have an extra "standard" stock seat I could part with?

Whatever....you done well with the find and buy! Didn't he Barb? Barb never misses a nice D.

Best, Blue

That's the one I was looking for.... nothing like that available in Canada....saw a few State side, however the real good ones were as high as $5000.00.

Nice find....enjoy

Oh yeah...........a good deal for sure :thumbsup:. Looks a little strange with the "special" seat on a standard. I like the stock look..............so the standard seat would make that bike perfect.

Yup. 2500.00 is what a dealer would ask for that bike, maybe more. I've been told the blue book on an 81 in great shape is 3000.00. Nice score!

Nice looking D model.I like the "bountiful blue" sister version of mine. I've got a back rest and rack that looks pretty close to that to put on later. Here's what Motorcycle Classics magazine said about the 77' model:
"Hugely successful, Yamaha's big twin was available here for 13 years, and many XS fans consider 1977 the model's best year. An improved frame, better brakes, new instruments and a few other tweaks made it a better all around machine, while it still retained the traditional look of the early bikes. Cheap and reliable, the XS is possibly the perfect classic rider." So you have a desirable model.

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/motorcycle-reviews/kawasaki-kz750.aspx?page=2

A good unmolested 77 is getting harder to find.If you are happy with your deal then it is great. If the old site (650rider.com) gets back up as a reference you can look at the stuff I have been doing to mine. As I get started again I'll start a thread going again.Have fun.:thumbsup:

Back