Got it fired up (video)

apox

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
After all the help you guys have offered I got it fired up, bit of a hack job but I wanted to make sure the engine was in good shape before I put any money into the cosmetics.

Also, what I noticed when I checked the voltage across the brushes, when I revd the engine up the voltage went down.. Kinda all spiky and sporadic. Is that just my meter being dumb or a problem? It seemed like my battery did take a bit of a charge.. Im pretty sure it was up .2-.3 volts after.

If someone could embed that for me that would be great cuz clearly I don't know how.

Figured out how to do it!

Last edited:
Cool! I just got mine temporarily wired up the other day just to see if it would still run since my tear-down last Fall. It's a rush when they roar back to life, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Kent

What do you mean one cylinder going? And I'm not sure I didn't really rev it to specific ranges I just noticed it was all over the place. But at idle it sat around 12.

Btw the bike had excellent compression almost 145 in both cylinders.

Congrats on getting that bad boy running.

Its normal for the voltage at the brushes to decrease when you rev the engine, thats the regulator doing its job. That compression is excellent.

In order to check the charging system, measure voltage across the battery terminals.
1200 rpm should be around 13.5 volts
3000 rpm should be around 14.5 volts

Back