Got that K1200RS Beemer on the road.

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Posted about it earlier, needed a new gas cap assembly ($225 plus shipping!!!) and a new battery.

Installed that stuff, started it up and it was flashing a brake error at me.

Fast forward a month or so. Told Dale I was pretty sure the error was because the bike had been in storage for several years with a dead battery and the ABS got stupid. He said if I want, go get it, ride it, fix it as needed.

Went up and got it out of bike jail this morning and scared the bejesus out of myself riding it 3 miles home. Really, spectacularly AWFUL handling. Heavy, lot of input required to change directions (or maintain a direction) and just scary to ride. Got it home and my other brain cell kicked in and I said to myself "Self, ya dumbass, its been in storage for who knows how long, the tires are probably low!"

Uh...yeah...a little. Freakin' miracle they stayed on the rims. Like less than 15 pounds each. Doh.

Aired 'em up, washed it and went for another ride. Oh...yes indeedy...MUCH better. Not quite as nimble as my FJ but quite flickable considering it's rather portly dimensions. Pretty nice ride, but I'll keep my FJ, thanks.

beemer.jpg

What year is that one. My friend has a 2005 with 2500 miles and in perfect shape. Im thinking buying or trading something for it. I know they had a few issues but the recalls were done several months ago. I had a guy come over with his GXSR1000 awhile back and when I took it out for a test ride I the first thought was what's wrong with this bike. G. ot it back and he only had 10-15 PSI in the front. The guy said he didn't notice anything wrong.:doh::doh:. Gotta wonder about some people.

2003 according to the data plate.

Haven't thought to look at the mileage, but I don't think it's a lot.

Back