Great Loss

Leslie

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I lost my Border Terrier last week after 14 years of companionship. Only dog owners will understand what it is like RIP Rusty

RUSTY_1.jpg

Sorry for your loss. It's the inevitable pain of our companions' too short life: always tough.

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end
The way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance

- Garth Brooks by Tony Arata

My wife's best friend - they've known each other since they were both ten years old - lost her bearded collie yesterday. Sixteen years old. It had been her husband's dog, she lost her husband six years ago. Mrs will go and spend tomorrow with her friend.

1 August, I put my 17 yo Chihuahua buddy down. Chico was a pup when we met and he bonded with me since day 1. We played and traveled around Tucson in my truck. Romped in parks and gained a "sister" and a "brother" over the years. He was the last of the 3 to pass away this year. I miss them all still. My wife and I adopted another dog from the pound 2 weeks later. She is a darling and takes away a lot of the pain but she isn't them. It does get easier as time passes.
Yeah. It's not easy. I want to believe there is a bridge after we pass and we will see all our friends and furbabies again. I feel for you Leslie.

I had to put our 11 year old Yorki down a week ago. Pancreatic cancer. Wasn't eating or drinking for three days and it came on so quick. She was my daughters dog that stayed with us after she left for college/marriage. It is so damn hard to say good bye..and we had to do this after burying my Dad two days prior. Been a rough couple of weeks. I know what you are going through. They are family. My condolences.
20220917_100704.jpg

I lost my Border Terrier last week after 14 years of companionship. Only dog owners will understand what it is like RIP Rusty

View attachment 226960
So sorry. Lost my part Blue Heeler, part something else stray a couple of months ago. He wandered into my life 8 years ago and was the best. I am an animal lover, all kinds,

View attachment 226960
So sorry. Lost my part Blue Heeler, part something else stray a couple of months ago. He wandered into my life 8 years ago and was the best. I am an animal lover, all kinds, and I understand how you feel. I have a 15 yr. old cat with health issues and she is my constant companion. The thought of losing her is beyond depressing. Hopefully, in time, another furry buddy will help ease your pain.

Back