hard tail install

chicagobuild

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for referrals to do the hard tail install on my xs650 in the Chicago area.
It will be a TC brothers hard tail, i have a couple names but looking to see if there are any more recommendations.

thanks in advance.

Wish i had both the tools and the knowledge but I have neither, total novice on this endeavour
Need someone to do it for me.

That's not an appropriate comment from "Exploding". It does not help him find a welder. Perhaps you have contacts in the business that can help him? Chicagobuild is asking for referrals in his area. A very simple question.
"Exploding"......................you may be a master welder, but most of us on this site know nothing about welding, myself included.
As a matter of fact, I paid an excellent welder, to do some welding on my centre stand yesterday. Chicagobuild is wise to seek out an experienced welder in his area.

That's not an appropriate comment from "Exploding". It does not help him find a welder. Perhaps you have contacts in the business that can help him? Chicagobuild is asking for referrals in his area. A very simple question.
"Exploding"......................you may be a master welder, but most of us on this site know nothing about welding, myself included.
As a matter of fact, I paid an excellent welder, to do some welding on my centre stand yesterday. Chicagobuild is wise to seek out an experienced welder in his area.
Getting a little shitty with me there retired when I'm just trying to feel the guy out, you'd know that's pretty standard if you were from Chicago like us, his answer was what would dictate my reply. I'm also the guy here gathering info so I can actually help this guy out as I live in the area.

Chicagobuild, how far would you be willing to drive, I'm in the northwest suburbs, my best friend/ neighbor across the street is a magnificent frame welder, pro welder who does tig and mig

Getting a little shitty with me there retired when I'm just trying to feel the guy out, you'd know that's pretty standard if you were from Chicago like us, his answer was what would dictate my reply. I'm also the guy here gathering info so I can actually help this guy out as I live in the area.

Chicagobuild, how far would you be willing to drive, I'm in the northwest suburbs, my best friend/ neighbor across the street is a magnificent frame welder, pro welder who does tig and mig
That wouldn't be a problem, rather that then have to go downtown which is where the other referral was located.

How was "Easy weld job man, just jig and mig amigo"....................feeling the guy out??
Now you're responding with helpful information, which should have been your first reply.

If he thought this would be easy breezy I wouldn't have bothered with him as anyone who has done a hardtail build knows it's a pia. I took this route and felt him out because I realized the proximity I am to him, and know that if he realizes what he's getting into I could help as long as he understands the reality of going rigid and the time and cost required. I don't like wasting time on builds that go nowhere

Back