Heads up to anyone buying a black mikesxs rim

Scgoobertn

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just want to give a heads up to anyone expecting a fully black rim from mikesxs. I ordered a front and rear 2.15 x 18. Part #34-3182 and Part #34-1904. Upon receiving them, found out that one rim has the markings stamped/engraved before powder/paint(Part #34-1904.), and the other has the markings in white...looks odd having one black markings and one white(Part #34-3182). Also there are marks in the rims as if they were not prepped properly before paint/powder. Anyways just wanted to give other guys a heads up if they were expecting rims to have matching markings :x

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Thats really lame of them.

You going to fill the markings in with a black paint marker?

Not sure what I am gonna do. A little bummed about it tbh. If I was to do it over again I probably would by the non black and have them done locally. Oh mainly posted this juat as a heads up for anyone so they know what to expect. Still gotta think what I am gonna do to fix it on my end

I got a black front fender from them and it came in the same way scratched up and needing some TLC

What kind of tlc did u give it. I have to keep telling myself that I am not building a show bike so stop worrying about the little stuff. But its my nature to want to have things right or not at all

What kind of tlc did u give it. I have to keep telling myself that I am not building a show bike so stop worrying about the little stuff. But its my nature to want to have things right or not at all

Yesterday i sanded out the runs and bondoed"not that brand" the fender to get ride of the scratches and the 2 dents. then used a filler primer to get ready for paint.
I'm getting ready to paint right after I post this.

Back