Help! A motorcycle followed me home. Why does this keep happening?!?

Bought this as a project the other day but decided it could finance my latest bike so a days cleaning and detailing and I sold it the next day $700 profit quick sale.
20210521_160613.jpg

:bow:You underestimate yourself....:bow2:
The ole' roll R down the driveway in 5th and dump the clutch simply revealed how old and powdery the tire rubber is. :rolleyes:
Guy had been soaking carbs in Pinesol. Prolly not the best trick in the book. Rinsed dried warmed and coerced a bit of movement out of the butterflies. The plastic flat slides not so much yet.

People take "the power of pinesol" too literally... I gotta start following more build threads here. She's this place has much more knowledge to offer than just that of the XS650. You guys really know bikes. You got some years on me, but I hope to know half the stuff you guys know when I'm your age! (Not calling you old...) Just calling you... Aged... Like fine wine!!? :poke:

People take "the power of pinesol" too literally... I gotta start following more build threads here. She's this place has much more knowledge to offer than just that of the XS650. You guys really know bikes. You got some years on me, but I hope to know half the stuff you guys know when I'm your age! (Not calling you old...) Just calling you... Aged... Like fine wine!!? :poke:

I'm a whiner all right.
Carbs are FUBAR actually a hole through the side of one of the bodies. :umm: Haven't figured out how that could have happened yet. Motor inspection ongoing.
Thnx for all the comments guyz.

thats why you have lean cats they take care of mouse issues unfortunately one cat here in our years is 109 and the other is fat so I'm gonna lay traps dont want no mouse pee on my parts :cussing:

B of B got took on this one, well actually he warned me, but front jug is rusted, mouse piss, bummer
side and inside of carb.
Not sposed to have that hole in the side....
View attachment 193138 View attachment 193139

??? ????? ?????? that was a first perhaps ?
Intake Valve hung under high rev --- because of cam failure --- detonation .Hitting trough upstream like stepping on a landmine
Parts flying out. of an " Italian Quality " carburetor .
Like Rifle with a plug in the barrel ( Ice or so ) .Instead of bullet going out the bolt comes backwards. or pipe split.

Back