Help needed to ID US Import

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have spent ages trawling through endless lists of vin and serial numbers and this sites forum but I still am unable to pinpoint the exact model number of my bike so that I can order the correct parts in the UK.

The bike is a 1979 model imported and registered in the UK in 1997.
The UK vehicle licencing authority are very lazy in recording vehicle information and details consequently I have very little info to go on other than the Vin which is 2F0-251554

Referring to the table on xs650 chopper.com it looks like it could be one of 2x models .?

XS650F 2F0 2F0-150101 1979 Cobalt Blue
XS650SF 2M0 2F0-250101 1979 Carmine Red, Black Gold

presumably the 2F0 model serial numbers go up to 250100 yes ? in which case my bike looks like it should be a XS650SF 2M0 model ??? is that right ?

What else on the bike can I use to help with model id please .

thanks .
Its usefull to know that the SE and SF are identical for future parts ordering.

I'm having a nightmare locating the correct engine oil seals.

Once I've found out all the oil seal dimensions I'll look to ordering a complete spare set from a bearing and seal manufacturer rather than from a Yamaha parts seller as they should be a lot cheaper.
A full set of 9x seals ? from Yambits is £30 about $50 ?:yikes:

thanks VR3506 Scull had already given me a link to Heiden in another thread .

Its the first I've heard of them and I would definitely have ordered a set had I been aware of them
Unfortunately I had already ordered most of the seals seperately and cannot afford to throw away 40euros :(

Very useful link thanks

Back