How much is a 1970 XS1 worth?

I was afraid someone was going to ask that lol i have it all disassembled right now. Doing very detailed cleaning on it and going to have it professionally repainted, due to a few chips. But the paint is in great shape other than the chips. I am putting new exhaust on it and it will be professionally painted and all of the chrome is in great shape and everything works good and it runs strong.

Factory paint is worth more then a redone paint job. Pics sure would help your cause. To the right person you may be able to get $2500 IMHO.

2500 is low for a 70. concours condition $5-7K beaters start at $1K
I agree keep original paint unless it is REALLY bad. If you HAVE to have new paint buy some beat up 71-72 body work and have THAT painted.

Mine is restored to better than new, a two time VJMC Barber winner, and I turned down $7500. Worth more than that to me, although I think that was a fair offer.

Attachments

• XS1 Finished 010-1.jpg
    XS1 Finished 010-1.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 165
Buying some old beat up 71-73 body parts may be the way to go. Anyone know of anyone with 70-73 body parts for sale? And Yamasarus that is an amazing bike you have there. I hope to get mine into that condition and keep it forever

I've seen over 6K sales on ebay of all places (original paint), but it was before the ecconmoy took a dump.

I reckon it's worth perhaps 27,342 doubloons, but if someone were to offer you 4 shrunken heads, I'd take it.

Mine is restored to better than new, a two time VJMC Barber winner, and I turned down $7500. Worth more than that to me, although I think that was a fair offer.

Beautiful! Well done. :thumbsup:

Back