howdy, from the pac nw.

anthony

XS650 Member
Reaction score
sup guys. just started posting on TCU, but this board seems more active and obviously more bike specific. located out here in covington, washington just se of seattle. just picked up my first project xs about 2 weeks back now and started the tear down. no previous building experience at all but it seems like 90% of the xs builders start out that way. picked up a fire sale bike from a guy in cali who dropped it off on his way to the east coast. was next to a garage that caught fire so lost out on carbs and lots of melted plastic. wasnt gonna need em anyway. came with 750 motor, mikes xs upgraded disc up front, upgraded shocks in the rear and firmer front end, boyer ign and some other nice bits...going to send it to joe wise guy for the hard tail, then hopefully do most of the stuff myself. enjoy.

anthony

IMG_0724.jpg

hi. dont look too bad. what are you gonna do with it? do you have a picture, or vision to reference?

- welcome, that bike looked reasonably well thought out, may already be too late but when you pull her down photograph everything first, during and after...clean and collect the bits that belong together in labelled bags and containers...as you take her apart check everything for function and wear...put the stuff you want to reuse separate from the stuff you want to keep and that, that you dont...saves a lot of stress later

There's a lot of different bikes that have inspired me. Not sure what the end result will be but i have a lot of ideas from what I've seen. Love white walls and drag bars. Probably in the clubman style. Like what I've seen with Harley fat boy wheels on these and of budget allows maybe a springer. Indian Larry/dished tank. Still falling in love with different things on a daily basis thanks to this and xs650chopper.com. Just really want to get back on two wheels that's not a sportbike

Hey Anthony, Welcome to site! Theres loads of info on this board and lots of good dudes always willing to help out in one way or another! And lemme know if ya ever get down to PDX, always enjoy meeting other riders and talkin XS's!!

LHG

Back