Hydraulic clutch cover mod service

ippytattoo

Just another grumpy old hack.
Reaction score
Well here goes nothing.

I have been working on this for a little while now and feel that I am ready to make my IPO (initial public offering) of a new service I am going to be doing. First off I have to give credit to osteoderm for the initial idea for this modification. Secondly I need to thank TwoManyXS1Bs and Weekendrider for the kind words and encouragement along with help with the tooling. I have just refined my tooling and process so that I can ensure accuracy and repeatability.

I am sure you are all on pins and needles wondering "what is this going to include and how much is it going to cost?"

I will start with what is included:

I will drill/tap and machine your supplied cover so you can mount an Aprilia RSV type slave cylinder for a true hydraulic clutch like many of the modern sport bikes.

The parts that will be included are:
(1) 30.5mm aftermarket Aprilia slave cylinder (available in 5 different colors; black, silver, red, blue and gold)
(1) banjo bolt with bleeder and copper sealing washers
(1) precision ground 8mm stainless steel pushrod
(1) 8mm stainless steel ball that goes inside the slave cylinder piston
(3) stainless steel mounting screws
(6) nylon leveling washers

So now you are probably wondering why there is no mention of a master cylinder or hose? Due to the many different styles of master cylinders available and every persons individual style it would be very difficult to offer any 1 type of master cylinder. I will state that I am using a master cylinder with a 13mm bore. Now as far as the hose again there is far to many different possibilities in regards to the heights of the handle bars and also the different possible routings of the hose which make it very difficult to even hazard a guess as to what length people would need. I would suggest you take a look at Russell hoses and ends that are offered by Summit racing or your local speed shop.

Now we get down to brass tacks, the cost, The cost is $200 for the machine work and all of the parts listed. If at any point I find that I can get the parts at a reduced cost then the price will be adjusted accordingly (I try to share the love).

Another part that is rather important to discuss; shipping. In addition to the $200 for parts and machining the buyer will be responsible for shipping both ways (to me and back to you). Once the cover is received it will be machined and re-packed in the same packaging that it was received in and sent back using the same method you sent it to me by. If it helps to calculate the cost the additional weight will be right about 10oz.

If you are interested feel free to PM me and I will happily discuss arrangements. Also My paypal address is ippytattoo@cableone.net

And now some fun, PICTURES

Attachments

• slave1.jpg
    slave1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 269
  • slave2.jpg
    slave2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 232
  • banjo.jpg
    banjo.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCF1617.jpg