Intro/Using Harley Triple Clamps

Jayson138

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while now, but finally decided to become a member. Lots of good advice on here, but I can't seem to find this little answer(and, yes, I have used the search feature). Has any one else used harley triple clamps for their 35mm forks? I wanted to know if there is somewhere I can order conversion bearings without having to go to a bearing supply and measure everything, or can you press out the stock stem and press it into the new bottom clamp and just use new xs tapered roller bearings?

The work on what to use for bearings has been done already. In fact I think I saw them for sale in the classified section here.

The easy way is to get the bearing kit for the XS650, put the races in the frame. Now use the bearing that fit the Harley stem. Then put the Harley trees on the XS frame. The Harley bearing fit the XS650 races.
The Harley stem is a bit shorter than the XS650 stem, so you may need to use just one lock nut on the top.
I have thought about using Harley Mid Glide trees but either using the XS650 stem or getting a longer Harley stem made.
Leo

Back