junk fuel tee from mikesx

Question .... Do you need a " T" on a set of BS 38s ? I don't have one , I got stock petcocks and the vacum lines that go from the tank to the barbs on the boots . Seems to work good .

most of the time 3 wraps of good natural gas Teflon tape works,,, but this set up he sells is the worst bull s h i it i have ever seen for a fuel tee,,, why not just a simple oring groove,,, da mn man

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

why is this not adressed ,, would you ride a bike on you bulll sh i t

i have already had issues with this mfr

this all have leaked, failed , fucking miserably fuel tee i the uppity of of god damn ignorance ... i have at least 3 in my postulation mikxse mail me rick690@msn.com

don't even defend this fuck

i will 3l hand you that ass

what kind of set up is that,,, dumb fuck....... don't t play with me ,,,,,,, i know better

you want ride on that dumb shit

i got news for you sunshine,,, pink is not well he is back at the hotel bitch

mikexs is a fing joke in more ways than 20

why does he continue to sell these,,,, why not just have an oring groove... i am fighting one now that is pure junk :wtf:

I take it you arn't happy with mikesXs fuel t's :laugh:

All BS38's carbs come off bikes that had twin petcocks in their tanks from 70 -79
I know that , the question was about the "T" between the carbs . My bike didn't have one and seems to work fine without one . What does that "T" do ? I have seen people put a fuel filter between the carbs , but I never thought that it would do much good there .

I bought one too. I agree.... Garbage. Got everything cleaned and polished, put back together and after a test run there was a steady drip of gas. :wtf:

Do you need a "T" there or can you just have a line connecting the two carbs like I have ?
On the BS38s, all you need, and all there ever was, was a crossover tube connecting the two bodies. No tee.

The crossover tube connects the fuel supply to the carbs, so you only really need one inlet. You can plug the other inlet, and then you only need one petcock. The petcocks eventually leak, doing this halves your petcock problems and hassles and simplifies everything, and now you only need one filter. I do this on all of my BS38s. The single supply line provides plenty of fuel, look at how small the jet openings are and see for yourself. You don't even have to remove the unused petcock, just plug it, now you have a spare for when the other one starts leaking.

On the BS38s, all you need, and all there ever was, was a crossover tube connecting the two bodies. No tee.

The crossover tube connects the fuel supply to the carbs, so you only really need one inlet. You can plug the other inlet, and then you only need one petcock. The petcocks eventually leak, doing this halves your petcock problems and hassles and simplifies everything, and now you only need one filter. I do this on all of my BS38s. The single supply line provides plenty of fuel, look at how small the jet openings are and see for yourself. You don't even have to remove the unused petcock, just plug it, now you have a spare for when the other one starts leaking.
Thanks. Does the "T" if you use one, need to be between the carbs ( Like I have seen ) or can you put it anywhere on the fuel line before the carbs ?

If you use a tee with BS38s, you can put it wherever you want. But, as I said, there never was a tee with BS38s, and you don't need one, or even want one. It will just get in the way and make everything more complicated and crowded.

The T I bought from xs650direct.com was two pieces? :wtf:

I don't understand that.. it came apart very easily so I tapped it with my brass hammer and it seems to stay together but I found this odd.

I know that , ...........the question was about the "T" between the carbs . My bike didn't have one and seems to work fine without one . What does that "T" do ? I have seen people put a fuel filter between the carbs , but I never thought that it would do much good there .

I don't think you do.

I answered about the T and why it is not on the BS38's.

What does the T do.....I distributes the fuel from the single line coming from the single petcock fuel tanks,(80 and later), to the 2 carbs

the fuel filter is usually between the tank/petcock and carbs

BS38'2 have the fuel inlet to the carbs angled up towards the tank. Cannot remove them and install the between carb fuel T that is being discussed in this thread.

If you want to put an inline T and remove a fuel line from the tank, then that is a different matter altogether. The leaky petcocks are on the 78 and later Standards and Specials

Should be clear as mud now.

Last edited:
oldschoolcarbs, have you read the thread Reusing the Fuel "T"? It was written by pamcopete and expalins how to use the stock tee and get no leaks.
Leo

The "T" that MikesXS supplies depends on being pressed together to keep from leaking. The best way to do that is to use a bar clamp to press the carbs together with all of the mounting screws loose. Then, you tighten all the screws on the bottom angle and top butterfly plate with the clamp still applying pressure to keep it from leaking. You can't do it by just applying hand pressure to press the carbs together:

carb clamp.jpg

Last edited:
The "T" that MikesXS supplies depends on being pressed together to keep from leaking. The best way to do that is to use a bar clamp to press the carbs together with all of the mounting screws loose. Then, you tighten all the screws on the bottom angle and top butterfly plate with the clamp still applying pressure to keep it from leaking. You can't do it by just applying hand pressure to press the carbs together:

carb clamp.jpg

Pete; I love you man, but
arrow_up.png
is BS

You got that right, that not even that pos from mikes ,,, i have about 8 good oneS coming in,, THE XS850 WITH GROOVES,,, THEY ARE A LITTLE SHORT SO STAINLESS SPACERS ARE SUPPLIED FOR EACH END ... When you have to use a bar clamp god bless your efforts,,,, ENUFF OF THIS RIP OFF SHIT... I HAVE NEVER SEEN SOMETHING THAT COULD BE SIMPLE SOO UNDER ENGINEERED

Back